Saturday, April 26, 2008

Better

Here is Joy about a third finished. It took a half an hour to frog the Weeks Dye Works Envy. I wasn't exactly following straight lines, so it took a little time to find out where to unpick the stitches next. I really didn't want to go after it with scissors. I was too afraid of nicking the fabric. Yes, the Crescent Colours Jolly Holly is just perfect. Green, but still light enough to let the letters show through. I still dislike this thread however. It still knots like crazy. And although it is a variegated thread, it is not variegated enough to make it worth finishing each cross as I go. I still am though. Force of habit. Just like I railroad everything. Next time I run across a pattern with Crescent Colours I am definitely going to change them for solid DMC (320 is a perfect match for Jolly Holly) or GAST or WDW.

Although I got a lot done last night, I don't think I will finish it completely this weekend. We are still spending some time at Corflu, the fanzine convention. We also have a lot of other projects (like Westercon) that need work, too. There are still two more levels of tree, a large star, the rest of the red border, the rest of the green side panel, and a whole bunch of stars to do. Have a good weekend, everyone.

6 comments:

Itching To Stitch said...

I like the Jolly Holly better than the Envy. It's coming along nicely ;)

Jeanne said...

The lighter color definitely looks better, but I agree with switching out this brand in the future. Life's too short to stitch with threads you don't enjoy!

Barbara said...

I wouldn't have known that Jolly Holly was a varigated floss if you hadn't said so. It's a pretty color, though.

Chiasmata said...

The Cresent Colour does look better, but I'm sorry it's a pain to stitch with. DMC's latest Colour Variations (http://www.dmc-usa.com/majic/pageServer/1d0100018n/en_US/Color-Variations-Color-Card.html) are lovely to stitch with. There's not too many colours at the moment, but if you can find the right one they're pretty nifty.

Suzanne said...

This is coming along nicely. The varigated threads can be a little of a pain to use, especially when you have large blocks to do. I would definitely swap out with DMC next time.

You purchased some really nice charts. I have never seen the Hinzeit designs before, so I think I may have to go and have a look for them on the net.

Barbeeque4 said...

The lighter green is a way better choice. It is really coming along nicely!! I really like the Hinzeit charts...especially the big Halloween alphabet!!