Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Crab

This is as much as I finished in the hotel on Thursday and on the boat yesterday. I finished the crab because he is the only part of the design to use that DMC thread. It's nice to finish off all one thread color in a kit. There is also a cute lobster, but he uses Weeks Dye Works red, which is also part of the flag.

I should have been working on Warm Water Wash yesterday and today. Instead I tried unsuccessfully to install a Sony PS3 into our home theater set. I can get a video image, but no audio. Sigh. I will have to call our installer, who now lives on Oahu. I might not get it set up before we leave. Today instead of stitching I have been reading. That will have to stop pretty soon though as I am running out of the new books that I brought with me. There are a few books here I could reread, lots of Stephen King, but nothing that is really too interesting. I guess the lack of books will keep me stitching tomorrow.

I have been tagged by Ruth:

A) List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
B) Tag seven people to do the same.
C) Do not tag the person who tagged you or tag "whoever wants to do it."
  1. I am an introvert. Although I have no problem meeting new people or speaking in front of crowds, I need a lot of time alone. Most of my close friends live far away, but I do see them at meetings and during conventions.
  2. We collect modern photography. We even have a foundation dedicated to modern digital and figurative photography. We have been members of SF Moma Photo Forum for a decade. I have loved the three trips we took with this group to see private collections of photography in Los Angeles, New York City and Paris.
  3. I am a technogeek. I love technology and have lots of techno toys. I keep up with technology via podcasts, Twitter, and Gizmodo.
  4. I used to be a fantastic chef and collected over 700 cookbooks. But as our schedule got busier and we started to travel more, much of our high end dining is now in restaurants and not at our dinner table. Mostly now I cook things that I can make up without a cookbook. I do throw one elaborate Holiday Party in mid-December where I do cook all the food except the desserts which are a group CookieFest effort.
  5. I've lost over 60 pounds in the last three years. I don't have a diet per se, but I do eat a LOT less than I used to. Sometimes I just have one meal a day and maybe a snack of fruit or cheese. I love cheese. Weighing myself every day keeps me focused on not gaining back the weight. If I am up a pound or two I don't worry, but I do cut back on food the next couple of days.
  6. I sleep on my side, with feather pillows. My husband is a bit of a thrasher, so I like our king sized bed in Nevada better than the queen beds in San Francisco and Maui.
  7. I spend around an hour every morning reading news and blogs on the internet. I used to read a paper every morning and now I read the SF Chronicle, the Las Vegas Review Journal, and Google News (with special sections on Las Vegas and Hawaii) on the net. I'm not awake until I finish reading at the computer. I don't drink coffee, but if I want to wake up, I drink Coke.
No, sorry, I am not tagging anyone. I have seen this meme so often (and even answered it once before), that it stops here with me.

3 comments:

Itching To Stitch said...

I love your litte crab, he's adorable ;)

Barbara said...

I'm waving back at that cute little crab. :)

Loved reading your seven facts. Congratulations on the weight loss (and keeping it off). I also prefer drinking Coke to keep awake. I like coffee for socializing, but Coke works much better at keeping my mind going and my eyes open. ;)

Pumpkin said...

Crabby is SO cute!!!! I know this pattern but it's escaping me at the moment...

Thank you for visiting my Blog :o) I hope you'll come back again!