Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Merrily We Row Along

I got another couple of rows done on Summer Ewe. I probably would have done more if I hadn't watched National Treasure: Book of Secrets on the plane. And even more if I hadn't turned the Q-snaps 90 degrees and started half a row with the cross stitch legs reversed. Oh, well. It's not hard to frog on 25 count fabric. I think I will go back to Rouge until I can finish the jam motif.

As I predicted, I didn't sleep on either plane. I wasn't too groggy, but I did sleep most of Tuesday and then went to bed and slept again almost the entire morning. I got up when the doorbell rang. We got our humidifier from Amazon! Now you may wonder why it took us more than three years to order a humidifier. Maybe it's from living too long in the Midwest, Pacific Northwest, and northern California. In those houses we had DEhumidifiers. But I have had trouble sleeping. The bedding seemed scratchy even with fabric softener. Now I don't think it was the bedding per se, but I do think that dry skin and ultra dry bedding was making me itchy. Hopefully the addition of a large humidifier in the bedroom will bring the humidity up to a reasonable level and I won't feel so itchy all the time.

No matter which house we are in, a lot of time is spent on repair projects. Last night we took my husband's desktop machine to the Apple store to replace his CD/DVD burner. The result? Buy an external burner from the internet. It was way cheaper. Today the air con guy is coming to check out a blower in the back hallway that seems to be constantly on, even when the heating and aircon wall switches are OFF. At least the pool was emptied, the mineral line scrubbed off, and refilled while we were gone. It looks great. Now I need to call a window guy to fix the cracked window in the breakfast room and a tree guy to stake one tree by the side of the house that is leaning on the roof.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

This design looks like it's going to be a cute one. I have stitched so many times the wrong way round only discovering it after a few hours of stitching. It's frustrating, but seems to happen to most of us.

I know what you mean about dry air. Last year when we had no rain for about 4 months, the air was so dry and everything made me itchy. I found that some cocoa butter rubbed into the skin every night before bed seemed to help a lot.

Anna van Schurman said...

We had to buy a dehumidifier when we lived in Los Angeles. There was something wrong with the house (we were about 10 miles from the ocean). Most of the places we went to looking for it didn't even know there was such a thing! They kept pointing us to the humidifiers. Now that we live in humid PA we need a humidifier. Our house is too dry. At least your needs are normal!

Looking forward to seeing more of the sheep.

Barbara said...

Repair work on a home just never ends....

Anonymous said...

glad you made it home safe!

Gayle~~~flosswoman11@yahoo.com