Saturday, April 12, 2008

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Today’s SBQ was suggested by Jennifer and is:

What is the most complicated piece you’ve ever completed?

I've had to think about this one for a while. But I think my answer is NONE. I have some complicated pieces that I have been working on now, but none of them are finished. Winter was somewhat complex, as I changed the threads and fabric and had to do a lot of testing, but it wasn't very big. Warm Water Wash will be the biggest (in square inches of fabric) project when I finish it, but it was not at all complex, unless you think muttering over the lousy threads makes a project complex. When they are completed (maybe next year), Pineapple Fish and Hawaiian Mandala will have been my most complicated pieces, but neither of them are finished. Still I am happy to see that over the past year I have been stitching on a regular basis. I wouldn't have even attempted some of the complex projects I have now without all the small finishes to look back on.

I did get quite a lot of stitching done on this Quaker Flower Sampler. I'm skipping around a bit because I wanted to see how the colors would look together. All of the colors I will be using are now stitched somewhere except for two more Antique Mauves, one darker than the stitches on the border and one lighter.

I've seen a lot of lovely pictures taken on an angle of stitching. These pictures can really give you a good sense of the stitching standing up above the fabric. Maybe I just haven't found the right angle yet. I still like the straight forward shot better. Back to stitching!

4 comments:

Itching To Stitch said...

Quaker Flower Sampler is beautiful ;)

debijeanm said...

Geesh - Get a little busy and I miss all the fun! The mandala is looking spectacular. I really love your color choices on that sampler. And I'm with you on the SBQ - I've done a couple of bigger than average pieces but nothing complicated. In my case, not even anything started.

Kendra said...

I've seen the angled shots as well, but when I tried to do that...let's just say I'm no shutterbug. :-) I'll be sticking to the vertical shots.

I'm not real big on the Quaker designs, but this one is really pretty! I like the colors.

loretta said...

None is a good answer! That would be why they're not finished yet ;)

I have loads of complicated stuff in my to-finish-before-I-die pile... but not so many in the finished list!