Monday, April 21, 2008

Warm Water Wash FINISHED

I stitched this for the April Stitch-A-Thon, but I had to cheat a little. I added the buttons this morning to finish this up. It still needs to be carefully ironed. But I won't be getting back to frame this in Maui before July, so it can wait until then. I still have the sheep I started on the SuperFerry to stitch on the plane tonight.

We usually take a United flight from Maui to San Francisco or Los Angeles in the afternoon and land in Las Vegas around midnight. But we were having a hard time finding a reasonably priced seat on those planes, so we are taking the overnight flight to Los Angeles and landing in Las Vegas before 8 am. I used to be able to sleep on planes, but as I have gotten older, that is simply not happening. So I might drift off for a minute or two here and there, but will probably land in Las Vegas and sleep for most of Tuesday. That's why I don't like taking these overnight flights. But we have nothing we absolutely have to do until Thursday night. This weekend is a fanzine convention in Las Vegas. I am not much of a fanzine fan, but my husband says we need to see and be seen by the local fans so that they will come to our convention in July. There is a lot for us to do before July, but I will be glad to have that convention over with. I don't have any major commitments for working conventions after that. Oh, except for designing the program book for LosCon over Thanksgiving and working the fan table at Denvention for Australia in 2010. And a couple of panels at BayCon over Memorial Day weekend. Stop me before I volunteer again!

13 comments:

Renee said...

Fabulous finish! Congrats! :)

Barbara said...

Oh, good luck with all those commitments - and the overnight flight! I never could sleep on a plane...

Great finish!!

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on such a great finish! The buttons really finish it off beautifully. Well Done!!!

Dawn said...

It looks fabulous!! Congrats:)

Arthemise said...

Cool, I used to write for fanzines a long time ago.

Jane said...

That turned out really cute!

Jane

Paisley said...

Cute finish! I love all the buttons!

Sonda in OR said...

WWW looks great! What a journey that's been. I love the cute little crab, too.

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish, Kathryn. So summery! Great job.

Itching To Stitch said...

Congratulations on a great finish ;)

Pumpkin said...

What an adorable finish! Love RTR designs :o)

Sigh...I was in Oahu 19 years ago. LOVED IT!

Judy Bemis said...

looking forward to seeing you at the con this weekend then. We're already in town

Sonda in OR said...

That looks great with the buttons!