Wednesday, May 7, 2008

65%

I guess I was mistaken. I thought I would be spending more time on organizing and less on stitching. I have been working on some projects, but I also have been staying up later and later. I find myself stitching from 1 am until 4 am or 5 am. I have always been a night owl, but now I seem to be sleeping late into the day. This has let me finish more of Hawaiian Mandala, but I can tell that I will have to switch over to Rouge soon. Even though I love the color, there is only so much blue even I can stitch before I need some red or green in my life. At least with over 50% of Part One stitched, I can see the end of this part and look forward to Part Two. It has a lot less to stitch. Mainly some golden pineapples and red flowers at the four compass points. Back to organizing again.

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow, you have made some excellent progress on this piece. I really love the colours, but I guess working on the same colour for so long does get a little boring. I wish I was able to stay up so late and sew, these days I barely get past 9.30pm.

Giovanna said...

That's stunning! I can understand your wish for a change, though. Great progress in any case!

Sally said...

I'm a new visitor to your blog. I can't remember where I found it as I visit that many! Lol! Lovely progress on the Hawaiian Mandala. The colours are so pretty.

Danielle said...

Is this stitched 1 over 1? It loosk gorgeous!!!

Jennifer said...

I love how this is coming out! The over one stitching is exquisite.

afeatheradrift said...

Gosh this is so lovely. I wish I knew how to do it myself. Are there any tutorial sites you would recommend? I've worked on 18 count and that's the best I can do so far. I cannot imagine doing this one. It's simply exquisite.

Barbara said...

OMG, I cannot even begin to imagine stitching during those hours! Your progress is stunning. :D

Itching To Stitch said...

This is just stunning!!! ;)

Ruth said...

This is so pretty! You make me both want to start my Egyptian Chatelaine and not start it. lol I want to because it's pretty and I don't because I can see it's ging to take an eternity and I'm so not good at long projects.

Until 4 or 5 eh. I usually give out at 3 only because I think I have to. Perchance I just need to stay up all night one night and get myself on a reasonable schedule. I tell you 6:45 in the morning is way too early when the last time you say your clock it said 3:38am!

Pumpkin said...

This piece is just gorgeous! No wonder you have been doing more stitching than organizing ;o) Although 4 or 5 am would kill me! Ack!