Friday, May 30, 2008

SBQ

Today’s SBQ was suggested by Jan and is:

Do you ever get to a point working on a project that you’ve had for so long, you start to wonder what possessed you to start it in the first place?

Well, actually, NO. I think I can remember exactly why I bought every piece I have. Some of them had motifs I liked (sheep, cats, Halloween) or colors I liked or were bought because I was traveling and wanted to remember this place (France, England). I wish I didn't have any UFOs and have been working to reduce them. Now I have had patterns that I later changed my mind about stitching (too big, too simple, not my style) and those I have given away or put in the back of the To Be Stitched pile, but nothing that I started stitching and later regretted.

So why do I have UFOs at all? Ah, the temptation of the NEW! I have three active projects (Summer Ewe, Hawaiian Mandala, and Rouge) and a dozen Works in Very Slow Progress (not UFOs), but what did I do yesterday? I spent an hour matching Vickie Clayton silk colors to the DMCs and GAST colors recommended for Long Dog Samplers Beautie Spotte. Now I KNOW I can't begin this until possibly next year. I still have a dozen items on my 2008 goals list and a few BAPs (Bothey's Cut-Through Rocket, Cricket Collection Three Gables) kitted up that have been patiently waiting for me. I have no reason to be so attracted to the newest pattern I just got, but that is the way it goes. I am glad I made a 2008 Goals list or I would now have a dozen WiPs just daring me to finish them. I like all my projects, I just want more time to stitch.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I'm nearly at that point with the dratted sea dragon for Max!

Chiasmata said...

I know how you feel! I've got a good half dozen projects kitted up and ready to go, but I still feel drawn to my newest additions.