Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Sheep Returns

Although I haven't had a lot of time to stitch, I did manage to almost finish another section of brown sheep. I'm working on this instead of a Christmas ornament, even though this is the Christmas Ornament SAL weekend because this stitching is fully kitted up and easy to work on in the dim light of most hotel function spaces.

Baycon is going well. My interview of Tim Powers was videotaped. If I am not too embarrassed by it I might put it up somewhere accessible when the editors get done editing it. We also held our last room party EVER. We have been doing room parties for bids and upcoming conventions for decades and it is always my least favorite part of running cons. Now all we have to do is about three months worth of work in the next six weeks and then my husband's Westercon will also be over. It is very good to be here, even if it is during my birthday. I'm pretty much beyond expecting a large party and cake, so I could enjoy having a couple of hours of conversation with Scott and Jane, our friends from Lexington, Kentucky. They travel even more than we do, so they understand the joys and hassles of always being away from home. I just have to pack up the hotel room tomorrow morning and auctioneer the Art Auction tomorrow afternoon, and then we will head back to San Francisco and work on the last mailing for Westercon and a number of email issues. We also have to pick up some art work from two galleries. We will be back in Nevada on Wednesday evening. June will be packed full of projects, most of them not stitching, but I will stitch when I can.

5 comments:

Mel in Dubai said...

Love the crab :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

you make me tired just listening to all the things you do! hahaha
Have a great week!


Gayle~~~flosswoman11@yahoo.com

Chiasmata said...

I hope you had a happy birthday! Just be releived - no more hotel parties. Sounds like you've got a busy month planned.

Barbara said...

Oh, I hope you aren't too embarassed because I would LOVE to watch your interview with Tim Powers. :D

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

First of all Happy Belated Birthday!

The sheep is back! I just love watching you stitch these little guys. No, I haven't bought one yet but it's on my wish list. I can't decide between the Halloween sheep, or the Patriotic sheep, or the one with the Turkey, or... Sigh.

Cynthia
Windy Meadow where we need to work on some current projects and get our wish list organizied! New pictures will be posted soon!!!