Thursday, May 1, 2008

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

This week’s SBQ was suggested by Jennifer and is:

Do you have any pieces that you would liked passed on to future generations as family heirlooms?

Mmmm, I suppose once I finish Hawaiian Mandala, I would hope that someone would keep it and love it as much as I do, but I also know that that might not happen. Actually I am glad to see my projects used. Maybe it is just when I am there, but my nephew's wife does use my stitched bibs and baby quilt. As for the ornaments and such, well, we don't have children to pass them on to. Our closest (young) relatives are my sister-in-law's children, my nephew and unmarried niece. Both of my parents are only children, so there are no cousins on my side. My sister was married, but only has Borzoi, not children. Maybe I could sew up a dog chew toy. :-)

I got most of the red star on Joy stitched up while waiting for a tuneup and oil change on the car. We are driving to Los Angeles tomorrow for a meeting Saturday morning. It's about a four hour drive. I suppose we could do it in one day, but it makes for a very long day. Generally we either leave very early Saturday morning and spend Saturday night or stay Friday night. We are going to try to leave somewhat early and visit a few art galleries tomorrow, go to the meeting on Saturday, and drive home Saturday evening. I should have a finish to show you on Sunday. I hope everyone has a great weekend, especially since the weather is getting nicer for those of us in the northern hemisphere.

1 comment:

Lia said...

Hi!

What beautiful work!
Congratulations!

:D