Monday, May 19, 2008

Strawberry Jam

Well, I made my modest Stitch-A-Thon goal of finishing this motif. It may not look like much stitching, but there is a huge amount of backstitching. Not only on the jar, but tons and tons of backstitching on the green ribbon and around the cloth top. I did take a few stitches on the next motif, a heart. But I think that is all I will do until I come back from San Francisco. Tomorrow I will need to kit up the stitching I will be taking with me.

Tomorrow we also need to pack and get the cats ready for the catsitter. Generally packing is not much of a chore for us as we have clothes and toiletries in San Francisco already. But this time we need to take extra things for the hotel and convention. Plus we are running a room party for Westercon on Saturday night, so there are all kinds of party supplies that we will need. (Probably not the stand up Elvis.) Maybe this is the last hotel party we will have to run EVER! Hooray. I like parties in general, but running a party in a hotel is just a little bit wearing after the hundredth time. We have been running hotel room parties for this Westercon since 2004. We are toast. And there are dozens and dozens of things we need to do when we get to San Francisco, besides the convention. No rest for us until the middle of July.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

This is a beautiful motif and you finished it so quickly. Have a great trip to San Francisco.

Barbara said...

It looks like a lot of stitching to me! Great job!

Good luck with the upcoming trip!

Isabelle said...

Cute pot de confiture, Kathryn! Have a good trip :)

Itching To Stitch said...

Love your Strawberry Jam ;)

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

It's coming along!

Are you having fun in San Francisco?

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Chiasmata said...

Happy birthday Kathryn! There are a lot of us gemini stitchers around, aren't there? I hope you have a great day!

staci said...

Adorable!