Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer Ewe Finished?

Yesterday was a difficult day. Although I am not the chairman of the upcoming convention, my husband is. And although we have both run many parts of conventions, no other fans in Las Vegas has. There are so many things to do and not many people here who know how to do them. But because my husband is a good writer and I know InDesign thoroughly, we designed and mailed an eight page progress report yesterday. After all the copying and stapling and stamping and labeling there was only one thing that I wanted to do. STITCH!

When I sat down and started, I think my blood pressure dropped 10 points. I knew that just a couple of hours would get this sheep finished. He now has legs and all his stripes and three flags. The flags spell out S E A. The only thing I am not sure of is the missing stitch in the bottom left curve. There is no stitch there on the pattern, but it looks like it should be there. I am also not totally positive about the light grey parts of the flags. The fabric on the model is much more tan and the grey flags stood out. The fabric in the kit is pretty grey itself, so the flags don't have as much contrast. I could restitch with B5200 and really make the flags fly. But would that change the muted nature of the piece too much?

Well, off to the next convention duty. The PR team will be here for lunch and I need to shower and get dressed. I hope everyone else is having a restful weekend.

6 comments:

Chiasmata said...

I think the grey suits the pattern better as it is now, even if it does fade away a little.

I'm certainly having a restful weekend, but it sure doesn't sound like you are. :P

Sonda in OR said...

I think it looks wonderful...just fill in the bottom left curve stitch if it bugs you and leave the rest! :)

Barbara said...

Changing the flag color would make it pop out more, but I like it like this. It's very soothing as well as fun. :)

Ruth said...

Ahhh the torment. So many sheep that need stitching!

Too cute -- congrats!

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

I like the gray in the flag and think it looks fine. :-)

I would add an extra stitch on the bottom because it looks jagged when I look at the picture on my monitor but you can see it better in person so you are the best one to decide. :-)

I just love these sheep but I'm trying to be strong just a little longer before ordering one. I want to get at least three more projects done before starting another! LOL

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Pam said...

Hi Kathryn, I started this one a while back, but wasn't crazy about the fabby in the kit. Will have to pull it out, and (maybe) start it fresh on better cloth. Love the crab on it!