Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mandala Returns

After the party was over, I got to bring out my stitching again and decided to try and finish off Part I of Hawaiian Mandala. So I finished another 5% of the design last night and now have about 70% completed. I've never had to frog any part of this design, but I have certainly had problems with knots. I've ended up cutting out some knots this morning after futiley trying to untangle them.

The party on Sunday went very well. Not only did we get to spend time with our friends, but people actually used the pool. Yes, it was hot, but there is shade over part of the pool and the pool water is not very warm yet. We also got a lot of convention business done. But there is still a lot left to do. I need to finish off all the programming today and have most of the Program Book done. The program book needs to go to the printers tomorrow. I hope everyone else had a pleasant, maybe even a productive, weekend.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

This design is so beautiful and the colours are really soothing and cool. You are making great progress.

Cyn said...

Hi Kathry,

Hawaiian Mandal is just beautiful and I enjoy seeing your pictures of the work in progress!

After the hot weather we've had recently this is so cool and soothing to look at.

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Chiasmata said...

Maybe it's just me, but Hawaiian Mandala always reminds me of a peacock. Maybe it's just those beautiful vibrant blues. You're making great progress on this one. I'm looking forward to seeing it with all the gems attached.

suequeblue said...

Your hawaiian mandala is beautiful! If I didn't already have 2 on the go and 4 others waiting I would have loved to start this one too. But I do enjoy seeing yours unfold.

Barbara said...

This is such a lovely design, and your stitching is so perfect!

Itching To Stitch said...

Your Hawaiian Mandala looks awesome ;)

Ruth said...

Woo hoo! Successful parties AND stitching. Now if only I could send you magic, anti-knot vibes. Hmmmm