Thursday, July 10, 2008

Couldn't Resist

When I was looking for designs to stitch on the top of Altoids tins, I did download some freebie patterns, but then I found all these wonderful patterns from Samplers & Such. No, I did not buy them all, but I guess I bought a lot. I kept finding one that I thought, "Oh, this would be perfect for...". The only sad thing is that I did not have time to kit them up. So when we get back to Nevada again, I will work on finding linen and threads to start making these. Actually they will be perfect small projects to do on the drive to Denver we will make at the beginning of August.

And while I was building a little stash, I checked out the sales pages at Wyndham Needleworks and found these sheep that I just had to rescue. I have two other Kit & Bixby sheep, so I am working on a flock. I do enjoy shopping at Wyndham Needleworks. Although I am not an antique sampler kind of gal, they did have the R&R linen I needed for a Halloween house I have had kitted up for years. Look for it to make it into my semi-rotation sometime soon.

We are in San Francisco today, but leave for Maui very early tomorrow morning. I did work a little more on Flower Fairy last night, but mostly spent time having a lovely dinner from our local restaurant, LuLu's, which is around the corner from our loft. When we get to Maui it is just stitch, stitch, stitch (and maybe make a curtain for the office from fabric that we are bringing from California). I hope everyone has wonderful plans for this weekend.

3 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

The Kate & Bixby sheep are so cute. I always think I should buy one but then I can't decide. Still I know I won't stitch all of them. I think my restraint so far has been remarkable. ;)

Suzanne said...

Great tin topper charts, and so many! I look forward to seeing these finished. The sheep charts are cute, I have always liked sheep designs.

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

Lot's of wonderful tin topper patterns! And it looks like most have a scissors fob pattern also.

Sheep! More sheep patterns! I think we have a definite stitching pattern developer here... LOL

Cynthia
Windy Meadow