Sunday, July 13, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

I brought a lot of stash (for me) to Maui, though not as much as Ruth brought to her housesitting "vacation". Now I have to decide just what to work on. The centerpiece is Bothy's Cut-Thru Rocket. It's on my yearly goals list, but I knew I wouldn't get started on it until the convention was over. Now would be the perfect time to start, but I would only be able to work on it during the day since it will be stitched on dark navy opalescent fabric. Then there is Three Gables from the Cricket Collection. I have had this kitted up for years, but haven't started. It's also on somewhat dark 30 count fabric, so night stitching may be a little challenging. I could just work on Bad Hare Day (see? more of the border is done!) or Flower Fairy and be a Good WiP Worker. I can't work on the sheep until I get some 28 count bright white. The other kits are smalls that I brought for airplane stitching, so I probably won't start on any of those. And just to confuse things a bit, I also have two needlepoint kits here that I could start, but without stretcher bars, I probably won't start them. I almost brought Pineapple Fish with me, but knew this lot would be enough to keep me busy for two weeks. If only I could decide. Maybe I will go back and work on Bad Hare Day some more. I can do that for a couple of more hours until I get too close to needing the Weeks Dye Works Cocoa that should be arriving in the mail by the end of the week. I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend.

4 comments:

Chiasmata said...

Ah, that's why I love my rotation so much. I don't have to decide what I want to stitch on next, it's already all worked out. Otherwise I'd spend half my stitching time just fondeling fabrics and charts.

I quite like the cut-thru range, and the rocket will look amazing on opalescent navy. But then, blue and sparkles are two of my favourite things, so no wonder!

Ginnie said...

Well I have stitched the same Flower fairy as you have in your stash and that turned out lovely! Otherwise the Cut-thru ones always look good with loads of colour.

Daffycat said...

Oh, excellent selection of stash! You will have a grand time!

Meari said...

That's an awesome amount of stash!