Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Good Start

Nope. Didn't leave the house again yesterday, but I did get a good start on Bothy's Cut-Thru Rocket. This picture shows off the sparklies in the fabric well, though it depends on what angle you are holding the fabric whether you see them or not.

I've already made my first change to the pattern. Those yellow lightening bolts at the top are the Supertwist thread. They looked a little skimpy in the picture, so instead of two threads I increased it to four threads. I might run out of Supertwist, but there are some blended stitches with Supertwist and white. I can always use some Kreinik there instead.

I have a large window behind my stitching chair, so I found stitching on even this dark fabric pretty easy as long as it was sunny. In the evening we switched from watching movies to continuing on with Homicide. We bought the entire desk drawer of all the television episodes some years ago and watch 5 - 10 episodes most times that we are here. We watched two last night and finished up Year Three. Will probably start Year Four tonight.

Today we leave the house! Yes, it's time to do a little research on some A/V replacement equipment. I've read a few reviews online and could order something online, but I'll see what's available on island first (probably not much. This isn't Honolulu.) It also gives me an excuse to go to one of my favorite restaurants for lunch, Haliimaile General Store. It's way over on the other side of the island, so we don't make it over there every trip. There are some people that live here that haven't even been to Lahaina in 30 years! That is really staying local.

4 comments:

Daffycat said...

A great start! The sparklie fabric is PERFECT!!!

Chiasmata said...

Fantastic new start! Extra sparkles is always a good idea. :)

Sharon said...

Looks like your'e off to a great new start!

Ruth said...

Lookin' good! I like that you moved a pile of episodes and just whittle them down. Now, question, do you take them home with you as you finish them or leave them there for potential re-viewing?