Monday, July 14, 2008

It's a Rocket!

Or maybe I should say, "It will be a rocket." I've decided to start on Bothy's Cut-Thru Rocket. All those bright colors were simply too tempting, even if the fabric is dark. This is a kit, but I have replaced the plain navy Aida with Silkweaver Midnight Fantasy 32 ct Opalescent Belfast Linen. The package says 13" x 18", but the cut is actually 17" x 26". The pattern covers 10.25" x 13.75". Mmmm, extra fabric for ornaments? The thread included is Maderia, which I have never used, though I have some in my stash. There is also a sparkly thread called "Supertwist". It looks a bit like Krenick Blending Filament or maybe a bit thicker.

This is not to say that I have totally abandoned Bad Hare Day. I did more of the border and a couple more letters yesterday. I suspect that I will work on this in the evening rather than the Rocket.

We never left the house yesterday. I suppose that we will need to do a few chores before we leave here, but we are sneaking up on them gradually. Maybe we will make a list today. I did successfully update my iPhone to v2.0 software yesterday. Many people were having trouble with this when the software was released on Friday, so I suspect that waiting actually saved me a bit of grief. Besides I have enough grief with our home theater. We tried to add a PS3 to the system (for the Blu-Ray player) the last time we were here and could only get picture, but no sound. Now the television signal is giving us sound and no picture. At least it is only summer, so we don't watch much television anyway. And the DVD still works, so we could watch From Here to Eternity. Next up The Philadelphia Story, Some Like It Hot, and Around the World in 80 Days (1956). All of these are DVDs that James inherited from his "Cousin" Wilfred. They include lots of '40s and '50s musicals and every CD of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, and other singers. Wilfred was a world reknowned expert on Ella Fitzgerald and published her definitive discography.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Hmmm..."cousin" Wilfred definitely had *excellent* taste in movies and music. :-)

Jane said...

DD tried to update her iPhone on Friday, and messed up her memory card. She still doesn't have it fixed. As you can imagine, she is not a happy camper!
Jane (a regular reader)