Thursday, July 24, 2008

More Stitching or KNOT!

I did manage to get some of the back stitching done on Rocket before we left this morning. It certainly looks more like a real rocket this way. I also got some more cross stitching done, too, because I can only backstitch for so long (look at the pattern, take a stitch, look at the pattern, think about taking a stitch, but look at the pattern again to make sure). I don't know exactly how much I will stitch this when we get back to Nevada. I do want to finish at least Part One of Hawaiian Mandala when I get back. As long as Rocket is finished by the end of the year, I can put it down for a while. I don't think I will take it to Denver.

Now this one is much closer to being finished. I thought I would get a lot more done on the plane, but I ran into trouble. Not the dreaded frogs, but the dreaded KNOTS.

How did I possibly get two strands of thread this knotted up and how can I get out of it? I suppose cutting it is the only answer. Well, I do have tons of this WDW Crimson left and there isn't much to be stitched here. I should stop driving myself crazy trying to unknot it and just move on. But it did mean that I spent more time "playing" with thread on the plane than I did actually stitching. Sigh. I won't get much time here in San Francisco to stitch. I'm going to go out shopping tomorrow and I have a hair appointment at 4:15 pm. We are meeting some friends for dinner Friday night. Saturday we will be up bright and early for the Saturday Farmers Market and back to Las Vegas early Saturday evening. Maybe I could rest again some, but the friends we are having dinner with are also coming to visit us in Vegas starting next Thursday and we leave for Denver a week from Monday. It's been a while since we have had a driving trip and I am looking forward to it.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

I'm going out on a limb here and admit that I have this problem (of knots) so often using some overdyed floss that I now use my Thread Heaven all the time. I actually need to buy a new one. Good luck!

Daffycat said...

I hate knots like that. It can be so frustrating! I'll vote for Barbara's Thread Heaven too; it's a miracle worker!

Barbeeque4 said...

I so hate it when those types of knots get going!! Your stitching is really coming along and I am glad the floss arrived!! Let me know if you meed anything else -

Jeanne said...

Wow, Kathryn, that's one impressive knot! Definitely, cutting it out is the way to go.

You're making great progress on the rocket!

Itching To Stitch said...

I agree, just cut the threads. I do the same thing though, I will spend an hour trying to unknot thread, what's the big deal? I have more thread than I know what to do with. There just something about me that doesn't want to be wasteful. I've left a surprise for you on my blog ;)

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

I would cut the threads, especially if you can do it safely and you haven't stitched that much. Threads are cheap compared to our time! Have fun!!!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Chiasmata said...

Ah, knots! I'm obsessive when it comes to knots, and I'll sit there and unknot until it's done. Then again, I've always had a knack for knots, and was the unofficial slinky detangler back in primary school. Good luck with your knotty knot! The backstitch in Rocket must be a pain, but it's really starting to work now.

Meari said...

I can empathize with you about the knotting... how frustrating!