Sunday, July 27, 2008

Quickest Ornament Ever!

I think I really needed a quick finish, especially when it comes to Christmas Ornaments. I haven't been in the Christmas mood, so some stitching I could finish quickly was the only way that I was going to get a Christmas Ornament stitched this weekend.

This is a kit from Mill Hill Tiny Treasured Diamonds, Engraved Heart, MHTD4. It's just 34w x 36h, but there actually isn't any cross stitch on it. It's just large star stitches (in a very nasty gold metallic thread) and beading. It was so fast that I stitched it in almost one sitting. I was working so quickly that I didn't even take a picture of it when I finished the main stitching (beading) and it was still flat. I just went right on to start stitching the back closed and adding the hanger and fringe. Now the eternal question. There are some beads and threads left over, keep or throw away? I will probably keep the beads and throw away the threads. I only keep kit threads if they are clearly marked (DMC or Weeks Dye Works or GAST) and there are a lot of them.

I would like to thank Itching to Stitch for giving me the Kreativ Blogger Award. It is always an honor to be recognized by your fellow stitchers. But I can't stop stitching, so now I will go back and cut out the knot on Bad Hare Day and continue on with it. I will have a few days of stitching before our friends come on Thursday or Friday. I would really like to finish Bad Hare Day before we leave for Denver. Two finishes in one month. Imagine!

8 comments:

Meari said...

That's a pretty ornament, Kathryn. Congrats on your finish!

Itching To Stitch said...

Congratulations on finishing a great ornament ;)

Suzanne said...

That's a beautiful Christmas ornament, what a great finish!

Sherry said...

What a great ornament! Congratulations! I love those quickies too!

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

I think I have this Mill Hill kit in my stash. Hmmmm... Now where is it...

This worked up quickly and beautifully. Don't you just love projects like that in between the larger projects? Thanks for sharing! :-)

Aren't the threads for this kit listed on the chart? If not, you can email Mill Hill and they should be able to tell you what they are.

After completing a project, I take a small bag and put a sample of the materials inside the bag in case of future repairs. I then put the remaining materials back in my stash such as beads and larger amounts of thread. Everything else is then thrown away if it can't be used.

Congratulations on the Kreativ Blogger Award!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Barbeeque4 said...

What a pretty ornament!!!

Bliss said...

A quick stitch is always good for the stitching mojo, I think. I like this one that you did. Mine was the Living with Charm banner by Lizzie Kate (it looks big but was a quick stitch).

Sharon said...

Very pretty ornament!