Sunday, August 17, 2008

Getting Closer

Even though I finished Bad Hare Day on Friday, since this is the Stitch-A-Thon weekend, I wanted to finish something else. And here is Hawaiian Mandala, Part One, with the cross stitch done. I still have 36 Algerian Eyelets to finish before I can move on to Part Two. And yes, I will have to come back to this when it is out of the Q-Snaps and add hundreds of beads and dozens of gems. This was one of the easiest sections to finish since I could just follow the pattern in other sections of the design and hardly had to look at the chart at all.

Since I have seen this meme on many blogs now, i have decided to play along.

So who reads my blog??

1. As a comment on this post, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember! And if we've never met in real life, leave me a comment of your favorite post I wrote and why it was your favorite.

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually really funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

I don't know if I will get around to leaving a lot of comments today, as I am in Furiously Stitching Mode, but tomorrow for sure.

12 comments:

Andie said...

I read your blog! :D I love your Hawaiian mandala posts :)

Daffycat said...

I have your blog in my reader. I've been "here" for quite a while. I think I found your blog because you like sheep too.

Itching To Stitch said...

Beautiful job on part 1 ;)

Kendra said...

Very pretty mandala!

I've been reading your blog for awhile, and I honestly can't remember how I found you...if I stumbled across you from another blog or if I came by after you left me a comment...??? Maybe it had something to do with Kentucky or UK...???

Anyway...you're in my Google Reader and I always read each entry when it shows up on the list (even though I may not click over or leave comments on all of them).

And I finally got around to accepting your friend request on Facebook...I joined the 21st century and set up a real page for myself over there.

Sharon said...

Oh my that is gorgeous!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile now, Kathryn. But I think it was during November's NaBloPoMo that you really became "real" for me because of the group you organized there. :)

Sherry said...

I have read you blog for quite a while and you have always left such sweet comments on mine! Even though we have never met, I still value your friendship!

Chiasmata said...

Beautiful progress on your peacock tails. :P

I'll always remember the amazing parcel you sent me, full of cross stitch goodies! I was so overwhelmed by your generousity. Even the plastic bag you put everything in had pretty leopard rosettes on it - my mum liked it so much she nicked off with the bag and still uses it now. Luckily she left me all the other stitchy goodness.

Pumpkin said...

Oh...WOW! That is going to be one spectacular piece when completed!

I've been here off an on but I do remember your Blog because of your trips to Hawaii and that reminded me of mine back in 1989 :o)

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

I'm not sure how I found your blog but I enjoyed reading every post and all of the comments.

I think I enjoy your posts of your visits to Hawaii, especially since I've never been to Hawaii and how well you write every post.

The next thing that I enjoy is seeing your progress on your different pieces as you have a lot in progress but you seem to eventually finish each one. :-)

I'll post this on my blog as soon as I can. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Jane said...

Thank you for the invitation to comment; I'm sorry I'm late, but I've been on vacation the last couple of weeks. I read your blog because I'm a stitcher and a reader; I like SF, but I think I enjoy different books than you do. I also envy your life-style, I'm tied to a job for 40 hours every week.
Jane
www.worldembroderies.blogspot.com