Friday, August 15, 2008

Good Hare Day!

Yes, the Hare is FINISHED. Hooray. The face isn't quite as charted in the pattern, but it seems fine to me, so I am going to leave it that way. This finish is brought to you by No Agenda, the podcast by Adam Curry and John C. Dvorak. It's a rather strange podcast because they talk about politics, food, technology, music, and socks in a totally random order. But I had about six months of episodes downloaded, so I just listened to six or so episodes in order until the stitching was complete. Some day this will be framed and hung in the bathroom next to my mirror.

This is the Stitch-A Thon Weekend, so next up is Hawaiian Mandala. It doesn't look like much needs to be stitched in order to finish Part One, but a lot of those little boxes will be filled with Algerian Eyelet stitches. That alone should take a couple of hours. I don't know if I will start Part Two now. I have pulled the threads for it and enlarged the charts, but I might just move back to Bothy's Cut-Thru Rocket. I do need to finish it before the end of the year.

The other two WiPs sitting on my To Be Stitched table are Rouge and Michael Powell's Cottage Garden I. I had a lot of complaints about Cottage Garden I, so when I asked, I was sent an updated chart. Sigh. The only problem it fixed was the Z and z symbols. The wrong color thread for the chimneys and the missing shadows on the house are still wrong. I could make adjustments from the model, but I don't think I am up to that right now. Maybe later. I do want to finish it as I do love the picture and the colors, but it will take more brainpower than I have this weekend. We are both still unwinding from the convention we ran and the trip to Denver. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

9 comments:

Andie said...

Congratulations on your Happy Dance :) LOVE the Chatelaine!

Sherry said...

Congratulations on your finish!

Donna said...

Love the Hawaiian Mandala. What gorgeous colors.

Barbara said...

Wow, as expensive as the Powell charts are, I'd think they'd at least be legible and correct! Yikes!

Love these projects. Great hare day!! :D

Ruth said...

Woo hoo! You have hare! :) Congrats on the accomplishment. :)

Itching To Stitch said...

Congratulations on a nice finish ;)

Sharon said...

Cute finish!

Pumpkin said...

LOL! I love this pattern and you did a great job :o)

It's discouraging when a pattern has a lot of mistakes in it :o(

Your Hawaiian Mandala is gorgeous!

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

Congratulations on finishing a "Bad Hare Day"!

Hawaiian Mandala is looking beautiful as always!

So sorry to hear about your problems with the other design.

Cynthia
Windy Meadow