This would be fine if I could answer all the questions and I could keep them in the same order, but I like the pictures arranged this way best, so ...
- What is your first name? Kathryn
- What is your favorite food? Haute Cuisine (this is the dining room, Le Cinq, of the George V Hotel in Paris. They serve the best creme brulee in the world, for breakfast.)
- What is your favorite color? Periwinkle
- Favorite drink? Coca Cola. I don't drink coffee, but I still need my caffeine, so I start my day with a Coke every morning.
- Favorite dessert? Most any elegant dessert, but especially Vacherin, that is a meringue (sometimes with nuts) served with diced fruit and sometimes ice cream and sauce. Favorite dessert ever? The dessert tray from Square One, Joyce Goldstein's wonderful restaurant no longer in San Francisco.
- What high school did you go to? River Valley High School, Marion, Ohio. Sortof. I took their senior classes when I was junior, then ran out of classes to take senior year so worked at a bank and took advanced placement night classes from Ohio State Extension. The school is now closed for "being built on possibly contaminated ground."
- Dream vacation? Cruising some country I have never been to before, especially on Seabourn Lines. We will be going to Portugual, the Azores, the Canary Islands, Morocco, Gibraltar and Spain in October.
- What you want to be when you grow up? Wise
- What do you love most in life? My husband James
- One word to describe you? Intelligent
- (added) Second Favorite dessert? Cookies!
- Your flickr name? tropo
- (added) The favorite of your photos on Flickr? This one, the shores of Molokai from the air.
Which does not mean that there hasn't been stitching, because there was a LOT of stitching last night (and frogging, too). Part Two of Hawaiian Mandala may not have as many stitches as Part One, but it might take me as long to stitch. Not only are there tricky quarter stitches in the pineapple, but the #&^* leaves are stitched in Pearle #10 ... on 32 count ... sometimes over one. I hate it. I'd rather stitch a hundred Jessicas than one cross stitch on 32 count with Pearle #10. But I've stitched half of one pineapple, so I suppose that I am going to stitch the rest of them as called for. Grumble, mumble, sigh.
Today was a jury day. Everything is going smoothly and we got out early. I'm sure most of the jury panel wants to wrap this up by tomorrow, but it depends if we all vote for the same outcome. Maybe a picture of a finished pineapple tomorrow . . . and maybe not.