Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pictures for Fun

I stumbled across this while I was visiting The Blonde Librarian and just couldn’t pass it up. First, the rules:

a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
b. Using only the first page, pick an image.
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd’s mosaic maker.

This would be fine if I could answer all the questions and I could keep them in the same order, but I like the pictures arranged this way best, so ...

The Questions:

  1. What is your first name? Kathryn
  2. What is your favorite food? Haute Cuisine (this is the dining room, Le Cinq, of the George V Hotel in Paris. They serve the best creme brulee in the world, for breakfast.)
  3. What is your favorite color? Periwinkle
  4. Favorite drink? Coca Cola. I don't drink coffee, but I still need my caffeine, so I start my day with a Coke every morning.
  5. Favorite dessert? Most any elegant dessert, but especially Vacherin, that is a meringue (sometimes with nuts) served with diced fruit and sometimes ice cream and sauce. Favorite dessert ever? The dessert tray from Square One, Joyce Goldstein's wonderful restaurant no longer in San Francisco.
  6. What high school did you go to? River Valley High School, Marion, Ohio. Sortof. I took their senior classes when I was junior, then ran out of classes to take senior year so worked at a bank and took advanced placement night classes from Ohio State Extension. The school is now closed for "being built on possibly contaminated ground."
  7. Dream vacation? Cruising some country I have never been to before, especially on Seabourn Lines. We will be going to Portugual, the Azores, the Canary Islands, Morocco, Gibraltar and Spain in October.
  8. What you want to be when you grow up? Wise
  9. What do you love most in life? My husband James
  10. One word to describe you? Intelligent
  11. (added) Second Favorite dessert? Cookies!
  12. Your flickr name? tropo
  13. (added) The favorite of your photos on Flickr? This one, the shores of Molokai from the air.
(ignored) Who is your celebrity crush? Uh, first David McCallum from The Man from U.N.C.L.E., then Cary Grant when I was a teenager, and not many others. There are actors I admire in particular roles, but having been in theater a long time, I too well know the difference between a character and a person.

Which does not mean that there hasn't been stitching, because there was a LOT of stitching last night (and frogging, too). Part Two of Hawaiian Mandala may not have as many stitches as Part One, but it might take me as long to stitch. Not only are there tricky quarter stitches in the pineapple, but the #&^* leaves are stitched in Pearle #10 ... on 32 count ... sometimes over one. I hate it. I'd rather stitch a hundred Jessicas than one cross stitch on 32 count with Pearle #10. But I've stitched half of one pineapple, so I suppose that I am going to stitch the rest of them as called for. Grumble, mumble, sigh.

Today was a jury day. Everything is going smoothly and we got out early. I'm sure most of the jury panel wants to wrap this up by tomorrow, but it depends if we all vote for the same outcome. Maybe a picture of a finished pineapple tomorrow . . . and maybe not.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Creme Brulee? For breakfast? It would be enough to make me swoon. Definitely something worth getting out of bed for!

Leslie said...

Had to tell you that I enjoy your blog and reading about your stitching and other endeavors. Surprised to see that you had lived in Marion - that is where I am. RVHS has been rebuilt - far from the "contaminated area." (And not much else has changed in Marion!)

Bette said...

Have been reading your blog for a while now and just had to comment on today's topic. I just LOVED David McCallum in The man from U.N.C.L.E.. My absolute favorite from jr high.