Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stash To Look Forward To

Just before we left Nevada, I got this stash in the mail. I had even forgotten that I had ordered it. It came from The Silver Needle and I have to say it was beautifully packaged in black, orange, and lime sparkly paper. I might begin to work on it when we get back to Nevada, but I have less than two weeks to get ready for our huge European trip, so organizing and packing may be a better use of my time.

Which is not to say that I haven't been stitching, because I have. I have more done on my interpretation of Michael Powell's Cottage Garden I. On the plane from San Francisco to Maui I even pulled out my decade old plastic canvas ornaments and worked on the backstitching on number four of six. Finishing them is high on my 2008 priorities list and I finally feel like stitching on Christmas motifs again now that it is September. Maybe I can even cut them out and finish them by the Christmas Ornament SAL on September 27 - 28.

I should have time to stitch this weekend, but starting on Monday I have to get to work on learning Dreamweaver and redesigning the website for our foundation. I designed it in 2002 and haven't really updated it much since then. I originally designed it in raw HTML, then moved it to GoLive!, but it is time to update it at least to use CSS and rollovers, maybe even some Flash on the inside pages. I know I can do better than what is there. We usually work on our announcement brochure in October, but we are going to be gone that month, so everything is moved up to September. Since we are in Maui probably for the last time this year, I should also plan to at least stick my toe in the ocean. I look at it constantly, but don't spend much time in it at all.

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Ooooh Scream House. You took the plunge! I'm still debating.

stitcherw said...

Scream house is sooo neat, I can't wait to see how it looks in progress and all done up. Sorry to hear that you are having such issues with the Michael Powell design. I don't have any of his designs yet, but I've admired them. The colors and designs just look like they'd be such fun to do. I hope you're able to work something out regarding the difference between the pattern and model that works for you. Good luck getting ready for your trip, and I'll look forward to your next update of your MP piece to see what you've done with the colors.
Sue