Monday, September 15, 2008

Thank You to All My Readers

I received this award from World Embroideries last month. Thank you Jane and I apologize for not acknowledging it until now. The rules of the award are:

1. The winner can put the logo on her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated.

I have been reading the following blogs for over a year and enjoyed each and every post:
  1. The Musing Badger: Ruth is the only blogging stitcher that I have met In Real Life. I hope to meet more of you someday.
  2. Stitch Bitch: Anna's blog was one of the first stitching blogs I found when I started mine. She has been blogging (and stitching) a lot longer than I have. And has actually finished and framed her stitching. She is a shining example of what I should be doing.
  3. The Stitching Hour: Kendra has worked on some really BAPs, especially Scenic Farm. If you haven't seen this piece, you really should. She reminds me watch the Turner Classic Movie channel more often as we really do like pictures from the '30s and '40s. We also share an interest in University of Kentucky sports.
  4. Stitchologist: Kate lives in Australia. We are both interested in science, museums, and Big Cats. She even stitched me a terrific Abyssinian ornament (over one!) She just got a job for next year in Perth and I am excited to see her picture of flora and fauna from the other side of that continent.
  5. Feather Stitching: Anne has been stitching and blogging for a long, long time. She is a Kiwi. We share a love of L&P (a unique New Zealand soft drink) and stitching with blue thread. I am so glad she left her perilous apartment in Melbourne and is happily ensconsed in Sydney.
  6. Incoherent Scribblings: I first learned about Renee from her postings of the Stitching Bloggers' Question of the Week. Now I can follow her university library adventures in the dry, dry, dry part of Texas.
  7. Sweet Pea Stitching: I haven't been reading Jennifer's blog quite as long as the others, but I am taking her advice to heart; even though we may have received these awards before and even though we may be giving them to someone who has received them before, these awards are meant from the heart and we should share the love as much as we can.
This is not to say that these are the only blogs I read. Heavens! I have 82 stitching blogs in my Google Reader and read each and every post by each and every dedicated blogger. So thanks to you, Edgar and Isabelle and Cyn and Coni and Sherri and Jeanne and Dani and Cathy and Barbara and Chiloe and Lelia and Meari and all the rest of you who are just starting stitching blogs. I would never have stitched as much as I have over the last year without your example and encouragement.

5 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

It is not possible that I can be a shining example for anyone! But thank you for thinking of me that way. :)

staci said...

Congrats!!!

Jennifer said...

I too have found blogging to be a real energizer when it comes to stitching (and obtaining new stash...) I love that there are so many great blogs out there, but more importantly, some pretty cool people behind them. Thanks for the award!

Ruth said...

Aww shucks. Thank you. You make me think...... we should have a stitching bloggers' con.... want to handle registration? I'll bring the biscuit tin. lol

Kendra said...

Thanks for the award! Even though I'm just now getting around the acknowledging it... :-)