Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Day at Rest

After several intensive days of touristing, I decided to stay on the boat today, even though we are docked in Cadiz, Spain. My husband walked around the town and loved it, but I was happy enough to sit in the Observation Lounge and stitch. And I got a lot of stitching done. Here is the last picture of Bothy's Cut-Thru Rocket. I have now backstitched most of the nosecone and stitched most of the cross stitch in the second stage. If I stitch about a third of the third stage I will have one page of nine completely stitched. That is actually more than a ninth of the pattern as there isn't a lot to stitch on pages one and three. There was actually a lovely English lady also stitching in the lounge. She was working on a large Dimensions kitchen alphabet. She said it would take her four more cruises to finish it.

The last three days were tours in Morocco, Gibraltar and Granada (while docked in Málaga). It was cloudy in Casablanca and rainy in Rabat. Either there isn't much to see there or we had a really awful tour. No museums, the outsides of some uninteresting buildings and a long, long bus ride. Gibraltar was wonderful. We took a tour of the World War II tunnels and had an exciting mini-bus ride through the narrow streets. I loved Gibraltar and would definitely go back. We didn't see much of Málaga, as we got on a bus for another, longer ride to Granada to see Alhambra, a Moorish citadel. It was really fabulous, even though we were walking for three hours. This picture shows some of the wonders; stucco work, tile, and carved wood. Every wall is different. There is also a Spanish part of the citadel where Queen Isabel lived and Washington Irving wrote. It deserves to be the most visited place in Spain.

Now we have our last formal dinner, so I need to help James into his tux and I have to get buttoned into my formal gown. I hope everyone is having a great week.

4 comments:

Frontrange Stitcher said...

Hi Catherine,
Glad you were able to stitch on the ship, that must be fabulous. I enjoyed going through your Flickr album, seeing all your stitching finishes was impresseive. All very nice. The photos of your home were also amazing. I can see you really know how to enjoy life. Hope you post a picture of you and DH in your formal attire!

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

Great progress on Bothy's Cut-Thru Rocket!

I would have also stayed on the boat to stitch!

Were you able to get any close up pictures of the walls in the citadel? From what I can see, these would be great needlework patterns!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Tracy said...

Do you have any more pics? I would love to see them!

Barbara said...

Wow, you've made great progress with your rocket! And the pictures of your travels are incredible!