Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Many Sadnesses

Cyn asked me if I had taken any closeup pictures of the tile designs in the Alhambra. Yes, I took dozens of them and even had one in particular that looked similar to a Celtic knot that I thought would be a wonderful Christmas ornament stitched in a red/green variation thread. I was going to post a picture of the design, but when I went to find the picture of that design, instead I found out that none of the pictures I took in Morocco, Gibraltar or the Alhambra (more than 70 there alone) had transferred successfully to my computer. I always transfer my digital pictures from the camera card to my hard disk as soon as possible and then delete the pictures on the card so that I can take more pictures. It has never failed me in the past, but it did this time.

This, along with my general surfeit of travel, has lead us to decide to come back a few days early. Instead of spending a few days in Lisbon, we will come back on Saturday. I would have left on Friday, but I couldn't make the flight arrangements. I probably will not have computer access again until we return, so I will post again in November.

7 comments:

Mel in Dubai said...

Oh no, Kathryn, what a shame!

I like going on trips but I'm not fond of the getting there and back bits and a couple of weeks is usually long enough to be away, for me anyway :)

Safe travels back home!

Kendra said...

Oh no! I think I would be crying.

I once accidentally deleted some picture off my cell phone. Thankfully they weren't super important pictures, but there were some pictures on there of my little one when she was a newborn. I was sitting in the chair rocking her as she slept, so I snapped a few pictures of her sweet little baby face. A few months later I was deleting some other pictures and made the bonehead error of deleting ALL pictures. *sigh*

Have a safe trip back home!

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

OH NO!!!

I was so looking forward to seeing your pictures. :-(

It's fun to go on vacation but it's even more fun to come home! Have a safe journey!!!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Barbara said...

I'm so sorry about your lost pictures. That really is such a huge disappointment. Take care coming home.

Sonda in OR said...

I'm sorry to hear about your pictures! I lost the whole roll that had my oldest son's first haircut. I think it got knocked into the recycling bin and out it went.

It's so disappointing. Hope your trip home is uneventful!

Ruth said...

Dang it that's so not fair! I'm so sorry bout your missing pics.

Travel safely.

Chiasmata said...

I'm sorry to hear your trip ended on such a sad note. I hope you have a safe trip home.