Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Found A Round Tuit!

Now what? For what seems like the longest time I have been moving from one Must Do project to another. Although my life has not been an endless round of crises or work, there just has seemed that there has been one Important Time Dependent Project hanging over me for a long while. When I returned from Europe, I knew I had a design layout project of 80 pages for an all volunteer convention. I expected to have information about this project in my mail any day, but nothing. Finally, I got in touch with the people involved only to be told that someone else had done the project instead. That's alright, but I wish they had told me sooner. This isn't even the Stitch-A-Long weekend (that is next weekend).

But that does leave me in a peculiar state. I have plenty of projects to do, but none of them are Major or Urgent. Instead I have bunches of baby projects all whistling at the top of their lungs, "ME! Me! Over here, do me first!" There are a few projects that I will do today: laundry, cooking, and stitching. I will take the car in for an oil change tomorrow and pick my husband up at the airport tomorrow evening. But this does leave time for other Big Projects. There are some that can only be done in Hawaii (remodeling that horrible kitchen) and some that can only be done in Nevada. I'm going to think very carefully over the next few days and see what comes to the forefront. I don't think I can live very well without some Big Project.

3 comments:

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

Can I send you one of my big projects? LOL!

Sometimes the noise from the smaller projects can be overwhelming. That's why I'm a list person which helps me to focus on what needs to be done when! :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Ruth said...

Big Projects are our friends :) They must be very good friends given how much time we have them in our lives.

BTW, don't you hate it when your pending projects getting all whiney and needy?

Sharon said...

Your sheep is looking awesome!