Wednesday, November 5, 2008

No NaBloPoMo This Year

Last year I posted every day in the month of November for NaBloPoMo. I had a vague idea that since I would be back in California on November 1st that I could do it again this year. Well a two and a half hour flight from Lisbon to Frankfurt followed by an eleven plus hour flight from Frankfurt to San Francisco plus hours in customs left me face down in the mashed potatoes by the time I got to the loft. By eight o'clock I was sound asleep, only to awake at 3 am (of course). It was good to have high speed internet access again, but we also had no refrigerator (making cooking or even cold drinks out of the question). So we investigated getting an earlier flight back to Nevada. Ouch, we would have to buy completely new tickets! Maybe rent a car one way? Mmmmm, we have a van in California, why not just drive that to Nevada? My husband has to go back to California next week, so if he doesn't mind driving back by himself, it's done. Plus this let us take lots of very large artwork to Nevada. We would have to make this trip sometime, so why not now? The only issue was that we would have to leave as soon as possible as I knew I would be asleep again by 8 pm. The drive was actually pleasant as the day was sunny and full of beautiful clouds. A stop at Harris Ranch on I-5 for steak and we were home by 7 pm. I was right, though. I was too tired to even unpack the car and immediately went to bed.

Although we bought very little on our trip, I was on the look out for cross stitch and cross stitch magazines. This was the one kit I bought in the Las Palmas in the Canary Islands.










I also collected these magazines while walking around Barcelona, Sevilla, and Lisbon. They are mostly from Portugal, but I also have a French point de cruz magazine (Septembre/Octobre 2008) that I picked up in the Frankfurt airport. I haven't even given more than a glance at them, but do want to pick out at least one pattern to add to my 2009 goals list. And speaking of stitching I do have a new start that I will post tomorrow. Only one guess as to the subject -- sheep! I hope everyone is having a productive week.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Welcome home! May you snore in peace, get up, have a nice cold bevvie, and then take a nap :)

Kathryn said...

Mmmm, did that yesterday. I stitched today.

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

Welcome Home!

I enjoyed reading all of your posts from November of last year. I was amazed that as a stitcher you were able to post every day!

Enjoyed seeing the magazines. Have you picked out a new project from them yet?

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Kevin said...

Let us take lots of very large artwork to Nevada. We would have to make this trip sometime, so why not now? The only issue was that we would have to leave as soon as possible.