Saturday, November 22, 2008

THIS Weekend is the Stitch-A-Thon

I thought it was last weekend and planned to finish up this pattern, but when I found out that it was this weekend and not last weekend, I sort of abandoned it. Then James came home on Monday night and we spent most of Tuesday discussing what Big Project we should attempt. Then we discussed the pros and cons of various projects that should (or could) be done, but eventually decided on what we have been talking about for some time. I don't mean to be overly secretive, but we are still in the early planning stages and there are lots of details that are undecided. It is a Big Project and it will probably limit my stitching time somewhat next year. We made the first steps on Thursday and Friday and should be ready to talk about it sometime after Thanksgiving. Meanwhile I do have time for stitching this weekend and will probably buckle down and finish this sheep. Yes, it is a bit fiddly, but I do enjoy it.

I have also learned that I really like medium to large projects best. I know small projects can give you a great Happy Dance in a short amount of time. And my medium and large stitching projects do have a tendency to become UFOs. But even my oldest and most ignored projects are still in the back of my mind. I know I will finish each and every one of them Some Day. So I'm off to finish THIS project. I won't complete all of my goals for this year, but I should be able to complete a few more in the next month.

3 comments:

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

Enjoyed seeing the sheep again!

I like a mix of projects. Helps to keep my interest and since I'm making progress on each one, I know I'll eventually finish each project! Hopefully!!!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Doris said...

the sheep look great!, after my surgery, I had accumulated a number of projects unfinished (sigh)

Daffycat said...

Yay, the sheep has a birdie! He does look fiddly but he's just darling!

I think almost everyone has UFO's like yours. I know I tend to get distracted most when I join exchanges...just can't resist!