Tuesday, December 30, 2008

For Kate

Kate from Perth wonders how I can stitch on an airplane. All I can say is that with six flights in the last week, I am glad that I have stitching to distract me. Most of the cross stitch stitched on this piece since the last picture was done on airplanes. It's a little too tricky to do backstitching when you only have 15 inches to spread out in, so all of that was done yesterday. The center part of the pattern is completely crossed, but there are still flowers on the border that need to be stitched.

However, it will be impossible to finish it this year. As much as the doctor said the baby was due "any minute now" two weeks ago, he still hasn't arrived. Even if I finished all the cross stitching and backstitching, I still have the name and date to stitch to completely finish the project. Like the baby, this will have to wait until 2009. With that in mind, I have decided to go back to Heart in Hand's Autumn Alphabet. I should be able to finish that by tomorrow. One more finish this year would be much appreciated since I accomplished only half of my goals. I am also not much of a pastel person or much into cute. The colors in the baby announcement are ones that I would be happy to skip for a couple of months.

Tomorrow I will post how close I came to my 2008 Goals. On Thursday I will post my 2009 Goals and start Cross Eyed Cricket's Three Gables that I have had kitted up for years. We have no specific plans for New Year's Eve, though we have chilled a bottle of champagne. We could go on the roof and watch the Las Vegas Strip fireworks or we could stay inside (and stay warm) and watch the fireworks on television.

3 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

That is such a darling project.

Pierrette =^..^=

Ruth said...

You've done great on this and are to be commended for excellence in in-flight stitching.

Meari said...

This is looking really cute!