Monday, December 1, 2008

More Rocket

Although I knew that stitching on this project over Thanksgiving weekend would not help me finish any of my 2008 Goals, this was the perfect project to bring to a science fiction convention. (Even if I did have to stop every couple of minutes to show it off.) The admiring comments were worth trying to balance this somewhat large piece in my lap. I did just a little more cross stitch than last time, but I also started on the backstitching on level two. The backstitching is pretty fiddly, but it really makes sense of the odd bits of color here and there. I should be working on my plastic Christmas ornaments, but I will probably keep stitching on this for the next three days.

Then on Thursday we leave for Chicago and a dinner at our favorite restaurant, Alinea. On Friday we will fly to Columbus, Ohio, for another convention, but will be back on Sunday again. Just in time to get the house decorated for the CookieFest and the Holiday Party. I haven't decided what to take for my airplane stitching. I'm wondering about starting Winter Wool to match the Summer Wool I just started. Or I could start the last Bent Creek sheep that I have, Blarney. But is it too odd to stitch on a St. Patrick's Day sheep just before Christmas? Most of my other projects are on 32 count fabric and that is just too small of a count to stitch well on a plane. Well, I do have a few days to decide.

The convention we went to was fabulous! I really liked my panels and James won an art award. We also spent hours and hours talking with old friends, including Ruth, who is almost finished with her Revolutionary War drummer ornament. I even shopped on Black Friday! Just to JoAnne's, but got some DMC on sale and some great fabric. I have no idea what our in-laws want for Christmas. We usually just end up running around Lexington, KY, in the two days before the holiday, buying what we can. I hope everyone is having happy holidays. I'm happy that it was in the mid 70s today and we are not expecting any snow.

3 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow the BS really does make the design make sense. I agree perfect for a si-fi convention!

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

Glad to hear that you had a great time at the convention. "Rocket" is looking great!

As far as the next project, you could start on "Blarney" with the thought that you be stitching to get ready for St. Patrick's day... :-)

And when you finished "Blarney" we would definitely be in "Winter Wool" season.

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Ruth said...

So, when you finish your rocket, do you want to do mine? lol