Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wrapping up 2008

Well, this did take a little bit longer than I thought it would (doesn't everything?), but I did finish it today. I have no idea when it will get framed.

Here is the list of projects that I finished stitching in 2008.







  1. Boo Betty Sheep, Bent Creek finished January 1.
  2. Smitten Ewe, Bent Creek finished January 21.
  3. Happy Holidays, Lizzie*Kate, JCS 2006 finished March 23.
  4. Winter’s Eve, Country Cottage Needleworks, JCS 2006 finished March 25.
  5. Quaker Flower Sampler, Anne les Petites Croix finished April 14.
  6. Warm Water Wash, Raise the Roof finished April 21.
  7. Christmas Joy, Angel Stitchin, JCS 2006 finished May 4.
  8. Summer Ewe, Bent Creek finished May 31.
  9. Tiny Treasured Diamonds, Engraved Heart, Mill Hill finished July 27.
  10. Bad Hare Day, Bent Creek finished August 15.
  11. Free Sheep, Bent Creek finished October 23.
  12. Summer Wool, Kit & Bixby finished November 26.
  13. Six Plastic Ornaments, Dimensions finished December 24.
  14. Autumn Alphabet, Heart in Hand finished December 31.
Although I worked on several medium or large projects, the only medium project I finished was Warm Water Wash. I should have several larger projects finished next year. I had no idea that I had done so many Bent Creek Patterns, but most of them were Zippy kits of their seasonal sheep. I own only one more (St. Patty's Day Sheep), but there are a couple more I would buy if I could find them.

I was not as successful on predicting my 2008 Goals, but they did help to keep me focused. Otherwise I could have had even more WiPs/UFOs.
  1. Start Hawaiian Mandala and finish at least 8 of the 12 parts.
    I finished one and a half parts. More disturbing is that Martine took down the entire site before I could download parts 10, 11, and 12. She said she would email the pdfs to you if you emailed her in the next three months. I emailed her about the missing parts two weeks ago and have heard nothing from her. I am starting to get worried. I would be appalled to have spent so much on fabric and beads and threads and not be able to finish this project. I had no idea that she regularly removed the classes the moment the last part was posted.
  2. Finish another Michael Powell piece.
    I tried. I'm more than half way through Cottage Garden I. It's pretty slow going since the pattern does not match (and is quite inferior to) the model on the cover.
  3. Finish Hillside Samplings Topiary IV. DONE!
  4. Finish the plastic canvas Christmas ornaments. DONE! Amazingly, but true.
  5. One exchange or RR piece.
    I think our schedule is too hectic to be a good exchange contributor.
  6. Start and finish Bothy's Cut Thru Rocket.
    Started and about 1/6th finished.
  7. Finish two ornaments from my collection of JCS ornament magazines. DONE!
  8. Stitch something for my Surprise Birthday partner. DONE!
  9. Here's where we go off the stitching reservation. I have ten times as much fabric as I do cross stitch kits and patterns. I need to use some of this stash up now. So I propose the following sewing projects:
    One apron for my mother-in-law.
    One purse from my collection of bag patterns.
    One piece of clothing for me.
    Make something with the pig cloth I collected for my sister-in-law.
    Make something with the cow cloth I collected for my niece.
    Sigh. I wish I had done a lot more sewing, but I simply don't have a place that I can keep my sewing machine and cutting table permanently installed. I did sew 9/10th of an Hawaiian shirt for my husband's birthday while he was traveling, but even that is not finished. I will sew more in 2009.
Extra credit:
  1. Finish Flower Fairy. I did work on her a bit more.
  2. Finish Warm Water Wash. DONE!
  3. Finish French Noel. Not even touched.
Although I didn't finish many of my 2008 Goals, I think I am well on my way to having several large finishes in 2009. I hope you all are excited about the coming new year.

8 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Wishing you a WONDERFUL new year full of all kinds of fabulous stitching!

Chiloe said...

I thought I added to my google reader but it seems I didn't so here I am wishing you a wonderful and happy new year !!! Hope you reach all your goals (stitching and not stitching related ;-) )

Laura said...

You had many wonderful finishes this year! Best wishes for 2009!

Donna said...

Nice list!

Happy New Year to you, too!

Kendra said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good 2008 stitching year!

I hope you can get the last parts for the Hawaiian Mandala...I'd be quite upset if I'd put that much $$ into a project and didn't even get the last parts of it.

Happy 2009!

Meari said...

Good luck with your goals... Happy New Year!!

Ruth said...

Here's hoping we both get plenty done in 2009!

Happy New Year!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on your finish!