Saturday, December 20, 2008

You Can Tell That I Am a Gemini, Can't You?

I was coming right along with this kit (which is called Autumn Alphabet and not Autumn Sampler), when I decided to go to Michael's to buy some felt to cover the back of the stitching on the plastic ornaments. I also bought some scissors specifically to cut the plastic so that I wouldn't ruin any of my sewing or stitching scissors. I just happened to wander down the kit aisle and saw that an entire wall of kits was on Clearance. Now I am not a big Dimensions kit buyer, but when something is on sale, it does become tempting.

Then I thought about my nephew's new baby which is literally due any day now and decided that I could probably finish a small birth announcement this weekend. (Nothing like overachieving, is there?) So I picked up this Sunset kit, The Gift of Love, and started on it last night. There isn't that much to stitch, but oh, there is a lot of backstitching. I probably have doubled the amount of stitching shown in this picture, but there is still a lot to go. Do I dare try to stitch this on our flights on Monday? I suppose I could work on it in Kentucky, but the lighting in my mother-in-law's house is dim to none. Well, we will see how far we get.

I have cut out and put together two of the six plastic ornaments. That first cut was hard. I was sure I would cut too far into the stitching. But actually the plastic is pretty soft (and the scissors are new). I should have pictures of all six of the ornaments tomorrow. They have to be done before we leave. Back to stitching. I can tell that I haven't been stitching enough because I am listening to podcasts recorded back around Thanksgiving. Well, after the Stitch-A-Thon this weekend, I might be all the way caught up to podcasts recorded this week! I hope everyone is having a terrific holiday weekend.

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your Autumn piece will sure be lovely!