Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 Goals

Here is the start of a 2009 Goal. This is Cross Eyed Cricket's Three Gables (at least the first gable). I stitched this much yesterday, but had to wait until full sunlight this morning to take a picture. The fabric and threads are so dark that I don't think I will have as many pictures of this project as I have of other projects. Still this is a pretty faithful representation of the old gold/green R&R fabric and the WDW threads. I wish the Bark used for the gable was a little more variegated, but the shade is lovely.

I could keep stitching on this for weeks, but obligation stitching calls. My nephew's new son, Caleb Michael, was born yesterday at 2:43 am. Now that I know his name I need to finish off his birth announcement and stitch at least one bib. I should be able to take these projects with me to San Francisco and Seattle next week. We will be in San Francisco for MacWorld (maybe the last one?) and in Seattle for RustyCon, where my husband is Artist Guest of Honor. I'm seeing a lot more of his great old photographs as he prepares his Guest of Honor speech. He's a fun speaker. I will probably also be speaking, but I don't have my schedule yet.

2009 Goals:
  1. Finish A Gift of Love.
  2. Stitch another bib for Amy’s new baby boy.
    I need to finish these in January.
  3. Start and finish Cross Eyed Cricket’s Three Gables.
    Yes, it is started after being kitted up for years. I would stitch on this exclusively I love it so much.
  4. Finish Michael Powell’s Cottage Garden.
  5. Finish Madame's le Fee's Rouge ... comme.
  6. Finish DMC's Flower Fairy.
  7. Finish Bothy's Cut Thru Rocket.
    You can see a theme here. Finish starts in 2008 before moving on to more 2009 starts.
  8. Finish Parts 2, 3, 4, and 5 of Hawaiian Mandala.
    I still want to stitch this, but it can't travel. I am being much more realistic about how much I can finish in a year.
  9. Start and finish one Kit & Bixby sheep.
    Summer Wool needs a partner.
  10. Start Ink Circle’s Beautie Spotte.
    I have the silk threads and the pattern. I just need to find the right fabric.
  11. Sewing:
    I am not giving up on sewing. I will get some of these projects done.
    One apron for my mother-in-law.
    Piece the top of Zig Zag quilt for the guest room.
    Finish my husband's flamingo shirt.
    One purse from my collection of bag patterns.
    One piece of clothing for me.
    Make something with the pig cloth I collected for my sister-in-law.
    Make something with the cow cloth I collected for my niece.
Extra credit:
  1. Start Me, Myself and I Round Robin.
    I signed up for this and I have the perfect idea for what I want to do, BUT I haven't started designing or laying out any of the sections. I want to do this, but I might not get it done.
  2. Finish French Noel.
  3. Finish Pineapple Fish.
  4. Finish Red and Black Box needlepoint.
    Yes, if I get extra credit for anything, it should be finishing things I have already started and not starting more new things.


9 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Congratulations, auntie. I look forward to seeing more of the Three Gables!

Angela said...

A good start there. You have certainly set yourself plenty of goals for the year.

I'm like you on the MM&IRR and have set myself the target of starting it later in the year.

Sharon said...

Your off to a great start. This is one of my favorite charts. I look forward to seeing your progress. Happy new Year!

Donna said...

I should emulate your goal #11. I've got a stack of projects built up that need the use of my sewing machine.

I can't wait to see more of the Three Gables.

mainely stitching said...

Hey, congratulations on the new member of the family! :D

How wonderful to be in love with your stitching project!! :D

Dani - tkdchick said...

Best of luck with your goals and WIPs in 2009!

Chiasmata said...

Good luck with all your '09 goals. With any luck you'll be happy dancing all year. Congrats on the new addition too. :)

Meari said...

Congrats on the new member of your family! Good luck with your 2009 goals.. 3 Gables looks good so far :)

Sonda in OR said...

Good luck with your 2009 goals...I wasn't good at predicting 2008 for myself, either. Happy New Year!