Sunday, January 25, 2009

Crosses Finished

Now on to a ton of backstitching and french knots. I completed the crosses by simply sitting down and stitching until they were all done. Not pleasant stitching, but necessary. I actually took this picture last Wednesday, so I can say there is more progress since then, but I am not going to post another picture until I am completely done. I also have some progress on Three Gables; more roof and more windows. I won't stitch on Three Gables again until A Gift of Love is done.

Most of my time is still involved in thinking about and organizing things for THE House. On Wednesday we went to the International Builders' Show at the convention center in Las Vegas. We borrowed passes from a contractor who wants to build the house. We could not see all the exhibits in a day, but we did see some awesome fireplaces, torches, and a tankless water heating system that I am sold on. We also saw some twelve foot tall curved sliding windows that I loved, but are probably not practical. That's the downside of deciding. Yes, there are dozens of cool things I would love to have, but eventually you have to be practical and consistant. There are lots of different styles that I like, but a house has to be consistant. An English country bedroom would look pretty out of place in a contemporary house. Some things I will just have to admire without owning.

We also decided to bring our San Francisco architect here to Las Vegas for a day (this coming Thursday), so while James is in San Francisco, I am trying to organize all the books and boxes piled up in the back hallway. Stitching will have to take second place until this house is a bit more presentable. I hope everyone had a good weekend.

5 comments:

stitcherw said...

Great progress, and I enjoyed seeing Gables in your earlier post. Yup, stitching on a project that really appeals to you is great for the stitching mojo. Good luck finishing up the backstitch, you'll have such a major happy dance when this is finished. Good luck too with all the house decisions.
Sue

drea_dear said...

Good luck with all the house decisions. I've wanted one of those tankless water heaters since I first saw one on HGTV, I think. Keep plugging away at the backstitching - think how satisfied you'll feel when it's DONE!

Angela said...

I know your not particulalry enjoying it but A Gift of Love does look very good.

Good look with the house. When we redesigned our house a few years ago the planning seemed to happen so slowly that I wondered if it would ever get done.

Chiloe said...

It's going to look great when you are done !!! Backstitches are so very important in this kind of design ...

A new house is exciting !!! Hope you can find the right style that fit you both ;-) It's also an opportunity to choose system that are economic and environmentally friendly. ;-)

RuthB said...

Wow, that's a lot of progress on all fronts. Love that fireplace and torch. Hopefully you get the perfect crew for design and construction soon.