Friday, January 30, 2009

The Monster is Complete

I know it might seem a little strange calling this sweet 5" x 7" birth announcement a monster, but anything that you don't want to do and that prevents you from getting to things you do want to do, is a monster in my vocabulary. Not sure where the name Caleb came from, but my brother-in-law is Michael, my nephew is Joe Mike and now my nephew's son is C. Mike.

This has taken forever mostly because we have been tidying up the house so a potential architect and our realtor could see it. Unfortunately the architect got sick, so everything was pushed off until next Thursday. I wish I could just wrap the house in Saran Wrap as the cleaners were here Wednesday, but won't be back for another month. I needed to get this done today because tomorrow we are driving to Los Angeles to go to a board meeting in Chatsworth. That's a little less than four hours driving one way. We usually spend the night, but sometimes we just drive right home. There are usually a few stitchers, a knitter and a lacemaker at the meetings, so I wanted to take Three Gables with me. I am glad that I will be able to work on it full time for a while. I should have a picture of the progress on Three Gables after the weekend. It's going along swimmingly.

I also want to get to some stash organizing at the beginning of next week. I can tell right now that anything with the least amount of backstitching (or pastel colors) will probably be put in the Not Ever Pile. I'll have to cool down about backstitching and rethink those pattern later, much later. We are having some friends from Seattle visit this Sunday, so it's a full weekend for us. I hope you all are having a good one, too.

8 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Here's to more stitching on fewer monsters!

Laura said...

Well, praise God, it is finished! The monster does look quite cute, however :-)

Love to Stitch 99 said...

That is absolutely darling :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

drea_dear said...

Adorable. Resist the urge to backstitch for a while - I know it will be hard, but it's for your own mental health.

Congratulations!

Virpi said...

Congratulations for your finish. It looks lovely.

Maren said...

I'm sure your thrilled that it's finally done, but your monster is really cute!

Angela said...

It's beautiful and well worth the effort.

Angela said...

It's beautiful and well worth the effort.