Monday, February 2, 2009

Second Blogoversary

The only part of this that I stitched at the meeting on Saturday was the bird. He's missing his beak and won't get one for quite a while. The only other places in this design that that color is used is on the beaks of the two other birds and on a broomstick in the far right hand corner. I finished the first small gable last night and started on the second small gable this morning. The main gable is only about a quarter done. I am still enjoying stitching this, but I am starting to look towards next week. We will be flying to Maui for two weeks on Tuesday. I'll need a smaller project for the plane and something to stitch at the house. I could take this or I could take one of my other WiPs. I might take something else just so I don't get tired of this one. There is a lot of repetitious roof and gable that needs to be stitched next. I'll probably keep working on Three Gables until I leave.

This weekend was full of science fiction fandom. First the meeting (and Greek dinner) in Los Angeles on Saturday. The board I belong to ran the World Science Fiction Convention in 2006 in Anaheim, but doesn't have a lot of ambition at the moment. Our next meeting isn't until October. Which doesn't mean that most of us aren't working on conventions, just not through the SCIFI board. On Sunday we had dinner with the bid chairman of the Seattle in 2011 committee and her husband. We talked about fan politics and strategy and generally had a great time eating tasty BBQ at one of our favorite restaurants.

Today starts my third year blogging. I have had a fabulous time and met a ton of fabulous people. So this morning I took out three envelopes to get ready for a Blogoversary Give Away. If you would like to participate, please go to Trade for a Sheep, where I have posted some stash. If you see something you would like, go to the About Me button at the top of the blog and find my EMAIL address on the About page. Email me what item you would like me to send you with your snail mail address and I will get the first three requests in the mail this week. I hope that everyone in the blogosphere will have a wonderful February. Spring is just around the corner!

1 comment:

mainely stitching said...

Love your recent stitching progress and wish you a wonderful blogging anniversary! :D :D :D