Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Now THIS is Stitching

I had put this project aside to work on French Noel and Under the Sea. But when I got stuck on Under The Sea, I decided that this project would get me stitching again. I was so right. From my stopping point in February, I have now completed another gable and window, finished the left roof and started on the large windows on the middle gable. I still love stitching this as the Weeks Dye Works threads are some of my favorites. Later on towards the bottom there are a lot of confetti stitches (fallen leaves, ya know) so I'll slow down a little there, but I am glad I finished this much. Although I love this project, it is on 11" x 11" Q-snaps, which is a little too big for stitching on the plane.

So I started Bent Creek's Life is Good sheep. It's a long plane ride, but I slept some. The bed in San Francisco doesn't agree with my back, so sleep there is always interrupted. I should have enough stitched by tomorrow to post a picture that looks more like a sheep and less like a beige blob. It is windy, cloudy and drizzly here in Maui. A good time for stitching and reading.

9 comments:

Angela said...

It really is coming along. Love the colour of the roof.

Anna van Schurman said...

Isn't that funny? I was going to say I love the color of the roof too--only with no "U" in color, dontchaknow.

Chiloe said...

I love the colors ;-)

Hope your back recovers quickly !!!

Doris said...

the color of the roof is great. i love it.

Barbeeque4 said...

It is really coming along and the colours are just great!

Deborah/LavenderRose said...

Hi, Kathryn, I stitched a part of this for Marie P.'s block in our Neighborhood RR. She had a Halloween themed neighborhood. So, I know what you mean about those confetti stitched leaves!! I faked it by just stitched a few of them scattered. It looked just fine that way! :)
Love your blog, Deb

Elia said...

Very nice project. Loved the shapes and the colors on it.

Sonda in OR said...

I like the colors in that house. Can't wait to see it all.

RuthB said...

Dang that's really wonderful. Congrats for your accomplishment!