Friday, May 15, 2009

Motif the Third

Maybe I should have shot this motif upside down, since it is the bottom motif of the four. It wasn't that hard to finish last night, since all the stitching was done except the pineapple crown. I don't like the way the longstitching on the crown came out, but there doesn't seem to be much difference from this one an the other two. Maybe I am getting too picky. I've got most of the bottom green cross and half cross stitches done on the remaining motif, the top one. Time for the dozen Jessica stitches. Will I miss them when I am stitching hundreds of identical cross stitches in Part Three? There is a lot to stitch in Part Three, but nothing as complicated as the Jessica and Rhodes and over ones of this section. I think I just want to move on to Part Three to start something different. By the time you are stitching the fourth section of every part, you are starting to get tired of the stitches and colors. This weekend is the Stitch-A-Thon and I should have a lot of time to stitch.

Right now we are in the waiting period for the house. The plans were reviewed by the Architectural Design Committee of the HOA and the few corrections they had were answered yesterday. I don't know how long it will take them to give us final approval. THEN our contractor turns the plans into the city building department. You would think that with very little building going on, it would take them very little time to review them. But things are going very slowly there. I suppose the employees are hoping to save their jobs. It will probably be six weeks or more before we break ground. Then the fun of making all the selections of surfaces and fixtures, though we have been looking at few counter materials. Maybe we'll check out some cabinets next week. I hope everyone has a fun weekend.

4 comments:

mainely stitching said...

That's a gorgeous pineapple!

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

It must be frustrating to have to stitch the same part of the design four times but it will be so gorgeous when it's done!

Love hearing about the house plans and good luck on getting all of the necessary approvals. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Dani - tkdchick said...

That pineapple is gorgeous!

Von said...

This mandala is a gorgeous thing! I can understand how tired you would get stitching the motifs four times, especially with all the color changes. It's not easy stitching.

Good luck getting your house plans cleared by every level of government that they throw at you.