Friday, May 29, 2009

One More Window (and a Half)

Yes, I did some stitching in California. Although I didn't stitch on the plane to San Francisco, I did stitch at the convention, in the condo (where there is no television or movies, so much less distraction), and on the plane returning to Las Vegas. Though I was not as excited about stitching this as I was Hawaiian Mandala. There is simply too much Bark, Bark, Bark! The returning plane was not very full, so I didn't feel badly about stretching out over one and half seats. Several of the flight attendants were very impressed with this stitching, but especially with my Q-Snaps. They had to tell the flight attendant at the very back about them, which was funny because she works at our local LNS, Stitcher's Paradise! She immediately recognized the pattern as Three Gables. As much as I would like to go back and stitch more on Hawaiian Mandala, it is almost June. On June 20th we are flying to Lexington, Kentucky, to visit my in-laws and go to a convention. If I want to give the Under the Sea baby blanket to my nephew's new son while he is still a baby, I had better crack the whip and get it done. So that is all I will be stitching until it is finished. Back to those darn satin circles.

On the house front, the permit has been submitted to the City of Henderson and we have our first comment (some discrepency on floor heights). Henderson has all the building permits online, so I can follow its progress (or lack thereof). They even have a page for inspections, so when the building starts, I can follow those. Day by day it is slowly becoming reality. I want to move in tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Bark or no bark, that house is coming along beautifully. Fortitude for the blanket. You can do it!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

It looks terrific, but I can see the bark could get to you. Good luck with the blanket, CJ ok;-)

Bronny said...

Regardless of the drudgery of the fill in colour - that is going to look spectacular when finished! Keep up the good work.

Sharon said...

Wow, looking great!

Meari said...

TG looks nice even if you're sick of bark, lol.