Monday, May 18, 2009

Pineapple Motif the Last

Yes, the last pineapple motif in Part Two is finished! There are still the black outlines that surround Part Three, but I will stitch those along with the next part. It can be a bit tedious stitching the same motif four times, but at least you know what to expect. I knew I would need pliers to pull the silk perle through the fabric in some places (and I did bend the needle I was using). I knew I would hate doing the over ones on the pineapple body and crown and I knew I would probably have to frog a few of them. But moving on to Part Three was a great motivator, so now I can start stitching the first volcano. Not a lot of specialty stitches, but a whole bunch of cross stitches. I will be glad to put this down for a week after the next couple of days, since this project does not travel and we will be in San Francisco starting on Thursday evening.

Tomorrow is actually a house day. The Architectural Design Review Committee is ready to sign off on our house design on Friday (after the preliminary contractor's meeting), but we need to completely redo the exterior paint colors. Even though the house is already tan, beige, and adobe; apparently they have their own unique shades of these colors that they want us to use. But that is actually good news. That means that we could file for a building permit with the city as early as Monday (if Monday wasn't a holiday). OK, we will file on Tuesday. And when we get back from California next week, we might have some bids from subcontractors. We know approximately what the house will cost to build, but you are never sure until you have the bids.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Can't wait to see the finished project!

Good news on your house...

Front Range Stitcher said...

Your work is extraordinary! The pineapple, although difficult to execute, is really amazing. So glad the house plans are moving along well; you may be the only one in America these days enjoying anything to do with the housing market. Good for you! I enjoy your blog and always look forward to seeing your progress on both your stitching and home building.

Giovanna said...

Congrats on finishing the pineapples! Can't wait to see the volcanos, they will be spectacular!

RuthB said...

CONGRATS!!! I know it was a major pain, but that pineapple is lovely!

Fingers crossed for the Review board.