Friday, May 1, 2009

Two More Birds, A Door

I have managed to stitch more WDW Bark by stitching a few other areas after every string of Bark. That's how I got the door started. I also wanted to start on the row of Black (DMC 310) ornamental squares that divides the upper house from the lower part of the house, but once I started surrounding them with Dark Brown (DMC 3371), I'm not sure you can see them at all. I'm going to put this to rest for a while and return to Hawaiian Mandala. I haven't worked on that design this year and I do want to get several more parts done. I know I won't finish it this year, but I can work on it some more.

Several people commented on how much they liked the Etruscan Fossil marble that I had a link to in the last post. I have to say that the piece of marble that we looked at was even more spectacular than the one in the link, so I am including this picture of it. All these spiral fossils are magnificent. I need an updated floor plan from the architect to take to the vendor to see how many slabs of marble we will need for the bar. I should get that on Tuesday. The architect did drop by yesterday to give us an updated landscape plan (he had agapanthus on the first plan, which I hate). I haven't looked at the new plan. I guess I am just not the outdoors type. Yes, we will have trees and some plants, but don't ask me their names.

I took my husband off to the airport yesterday afternoon. He called me when he got to his hotel in Seattle. There was an artists reception last night that he was going to, but since it lasted very late, I haven't called him this morning. I'm sure he had a good time. Sunday he has a shoot and Monday at 6 am he flies to Maui to attend the homeowners meeting on the ridiculous and conflicting rules about the electrical meter on our property. I hope we don't have to spend more money taking it down. We spent enough money putting it up. Meanwhile, I'll try not to get into too much trouble while he is gone. I hope everyone has a productive or relaxing weekend, which one you need most.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Great progress with the stitching. The marble top is very unusual.

Anna van Schurman said...

That's the way I get through big areas of boring stitching--alternating one thread of boring with more interesting stitching. It's good to know I'm not alone. Still loving this pattern!

Sonda in OR said...

I completely understand how it is to have SO much of one color to stitch. My problem is I put it off so long that it ends up being all that needs to be done to finish the piece. Then I'm stuck! LOL.

Sharon said...

This looks great! I really like this pattern.

RuthB said...

The more I see, the more I like the your haunted house. All that Bark, tedious as it is, is really perfect.

I absolutely LOVE your marble!

maxine said...

What an interesting piece. After putting on my reading glasses I can really see the detail. I love the marble. Great Job!!!