Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another Fish

I said I had most of the fish ready to go and I did. I just had to stitch him to the blanket and add his bottom fin. I have even made quite a bit of progress on the last applique, the turtle. Most of his lumpy satin circles are done, though there are a lot of bits and pieces that will need to be stitched down and outlined. Then the blanket stitching around the entire blanket. Luckily it is a baby blanket and not one for a king sized bed. If I'm not being too optimistic, I might have this finished by this weekend. That would give me a week to work more on Hawaiian Mandala before we leave for back east on the 20th.

I will have more free time this next week because my husband is leaving for San Francisco tonight for a week. I will miss him, but we do talk on the phone several times a day. Hooray for unlimited long distance. I hope you didn't find the last post too silly, but I do want to mention that most of the house is very tasteful and uncluttered. Just don't look in my sewing studio!

5 comments:

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Love the fish, these little wool appliques are great. CJ ok;-)

Angela said...

The fish looks great.

Bronny said...

Looks cute - I'm sure the work will be appreciated. Isn't it a nice feeling knowing that a project is coming to a close?

Maren S said...

I absolutley LOVE this applique. I can't wait to see it when it's done. Too cute!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oh that fish is just arodrable! Can't wait to see the finished blanket!

LOL funny Todd and I are apart and I'll call once to say I arrieved safely and that's it.