Monday, June 29, 2009

Good Progress!

Yes, I have stitched all the WDW Basil. But there is still more WDW Bark. Another whole skein of it. Still, most of the pattern is at least outlined. There is a broom garage at the side to finish, lots and lots of confetti leaves around the bottom and an iron fence that the bird on the left is sitting on. I'll take this pattern to Arizona, but I don't think I will get much stitched on it. I am on several panels and I promised to organize next year's Westercon's programming. So I will sit their table during the day when I am not on panels. Maybe I will finish the sheep I started on the way out. I didn't stitch at all on the flights back. Instead I finished the one Hugo nominated novel I hadn't read. I knew I wouldn't like it much, but now I have a basis to criticize it properly for my Hugo panel.

The next two days are simply a whirlwind of getting to all those things mounting up in the past week (snail mail, laundry, groceries) plus packing again for the driving trip to Arizona. At least we won't have to weigh our suitcases. We can just dump as much stuff in the car as we can. A decade ago I would be visiting AAA for maps, but now I just have the address in my iPhone and GPS will get us there. It doesn't stop there though. James has a group show in the San Francisco Bay Area next week. He is flying to SFO a week from Wednesday. I will join him on Friday for the reception and we will both fly to Maui on Sunday. There are a number of issues there: the wall, the cottage which is still not sold, and now the landscaping, which according to our property manager is looking rather sad. One thing at a time: first Phoenix, then San Francisco, then Maui. I hope everyone in the United States has a good Fourth of July weekend.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

You are really cruising along on this!

Whew...sounds like you have quite a busy schedule coming up. Hope you are able to find some time to relax and stitch :)

Anna van Schurman said...

I just love this piece. You're doing a fantastic job!

Bronny said...

Watching this project is just as enjoyable as living across the road from watching a real house being built. Piece by Piece, it's all coming together. I really am drawn to the design. I hope you have time to relax, stitching or no stitching on your upcoming road-trip.

mainely stitching said...

It's looking SO GOOD!!! :D Best wishes with your very busy schedule. I'm tired just thinking about it!

Meari said...

That looks really cute!

Angela said...

It's coming along really well now.