Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Win


Sorry, Chiloe, when it comes to silly man decor a single item stored in the basement does not earn top honors. Even a single ugly fish isn't in the running. To truly have man decor you have to have a collection, especially a Tiki collection. And my husband has more Tikis than most Tiki bars. These two silly gentlemen live on either side of our front door. I guess I am so used to them, that I don't even really notice them anymore.


















This flaming tiki next to a lovely photograph by Jerry Uselmann is a little harder to ignore, but at least it is hidden down a back corridor next to the laundry room.












One of the first piece of his eclectic collection is not even a Tiki. It is this mannequin that he picked up from a store going out of business in southern California. She used to live in the garage where coming upon her at night was enough to give one a scare. I had a throw a blanket over her so I wouldn't think there was an intruder in there every time. Now she has a fetching chain mail outfit and lives in his "studio". If you want to talk about hardware, I haven't even begun to photograph the collection of swords, shields, double bladed axes and various implements of personal destruction that are also in this room. All photo props, you understand.

And if you think that the unusual is confined to the private areas of the house, I give you this replica dinosaur bone that lives on the back patio.

I haven't begun to itemized the other bits and pieces around the house; the tikis on the dresser in the master bedroom, the mermaid in the cubby hole for a television in the master bath, but I leave you with one wall of my husband's closet. He has more art in there than clothes.

10 comments:

Daffycat said...

ROFLOL Yes, you win! ROFLOL

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Do you get a lot of INTERESTING comments. LOL CJ ok;-)

Angela said...

The're different, some I love some I'm not so keen on.

The mannequin I'd have got rid of years ago, especially if it scared me every time I went nto the garage.

Bronny said...

I like it all - although perhaps I would have re-dressed the mannequin by now...
Everybody needs a collection!

Mindy said...

Oh my, I had NO idea. Yep, you win! That's an amazing collection. The mannequin is just creepy; I freak out over various shapes in the dark in our house, much less one like that!

mainely stitching said...

You do have some pretty unusual stuff.... ;)

Chiloe said...

Yep, you are THE official winner !!! The bone is pretty interesting ;-) lol

Chrizette said...

You have such an interesting home (love the dinasour bone!). I can't compete at all!

Doris said...

i like the bone!, i want one of this!, (is true), the tikis,,uh,,they remember me the collections of my father, he have Moais replica (easter island, Chile),a lot.

ehm...i have sword too, one japanesse and one a Alfonso X replica...my husband only have a cd (classic music) collection...i am the weir! oh.

Maren said...

ROFLMAO!! Wow, you've even my husband beat.