Thursday, June 25, 2009

LNS: Lexington, Kentucky

One of the pleasant parts of our visits to my husband's family in Lexington, Kentucky, has always been shopping at The Stitch Niche. It's even better that it is not too far from my mother-in-law's house. I've always found things that I fall in love with here, including the full button kit for Three Gables that I bought many years ago. This is where I bought my first Kit & Bixby sheep. They carry an impressive amount of cross stitch patterns from every major designer and also some from small designers you may never have heard of. Several of their designs feature the University of Kentucky logo (and basketballs!) I think of them as carrying mostly traditional designs, but they did have a good selection of Monsterbubbles and other non-traditional designs. Their selection does not stop at cross stitch. They also have DMC, Rainbow Gallery and Caron threads, hardanger, needlepoint, frames, Sudberry boxes, and a ton of yarn for crochet and knitting. There is a huge backroom that has space for two simultaneous classes. If I lived here, I would certainly take several. This time I limited my purchases, but I still walked out with some gorgeous 32 count evenweave fabric in a very light grey green, a Shepard's Bush kit, and a card of glass buttons in purple and green. You could spend a day just looking through all their gorgeous fabrics. Of course they also frame cross stitch and block needle point. A women brought in a fabulous wool needlepoint pillowtop with more bullion stitches than I would ever attempt for blocking. There are also walls and walls full of finished cross stitch, especially one wall of trains. If you are ever close by, you should certainly browse and drool here.

4 comments:

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Sounds like a great place. CJ ok;-)

Maren said...

Okay, now all I need is a husband-worthy excuse for why I need to go to Kentucky. :D

Coni said...

What a nice review! I wonder if I can convince Aunt Chrissy to road trip? Woo Hoo!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That sounds like the perfect LNS!!!!