Monday, June 8, 2009

Octopus Finished

Yes, he is finished. It didn't actually take me as long as I thought it would, but I did only stitch for 30 minutes or so before putting it down and doing almost anything else. When I let out a particularly naughty word my husband asked what I was doing. I said I was stitching felt, which has a tendency to just shred, especially on the corners. "Ah," he said. "You are trying to stitch a hairball." I actually finished this on Saturday and am now almost finished with the next fish. I should finish the fish today, if we don't spend too long at the plumbing supply store.

We had a long meeting with our contractors on Friday discussing a tentative schedule for the house. The next thing they would like us to decide are all the plumbing fixtures. Some of what we decide (especially bathtubs) need to be planned for before they pour the concrete foundation. Since we are not going to order any fancy Japanese toilets, this shouldn't be too hard. I hope everyone has a good week, however you measure good.

2 comments:

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

This little guy is so cute. Glad you persevered past the hair balls. CJ ok;-)

mainely stitching said...

Oh, he is a cutie! :D

Good luck with the ongoing contractor meetings and everything!