Saturday, August 1, 2009

Alphabet Finished

The letters are pretty easy to do on this sampler. No color changes and no flourishes. There are also a couple of other boxes finished such as both palm trees in the top corners. I have a few days before we leave for Montreal, so I will just keep working on this, but take Three Gables and Bowled Over to Montreal with me. My friend Ruth is going there also. I might even get to meet up with Dani, who was planning a short trip there with her mother. James is on several panels, but I was not feeling very talkative when the call came for panelists, so I'm just going to see my friends and eat good Quebecois food.

My stitching time here in Nevada depends on how many meetings we have, if we have any interesting Netflix (I can't watch and stitch) and whether or not I have interesting things to listen to on my iPod. I finished an audio book, The Manual of Detection by Jedediah Berry, that was a little slow, but interesting. I am now revisiting The Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin in audio book format. The reader is British and has a number of different accents for the various characters. We've been waiting over a year for George's next book in the series. I might even have heard the first four books before the next one comes out. Here's wishing all of you a pleasant and relaxing weekend.

5 comments:

BRD Girl said...

What a treat it is for me to see your progress on "Postcard from Paradise"! It looks wonderful...and you don't have much further to go...at the rate you are stitching, you will be finished very soon. Thank you so much for stitching one of my designs...stitchers like you are one of the many reasons I LOVE my job! Keep up the great needlework...

Angela said...

Wow this is coming along so fast.

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Making progress, it looks nice. Sounds like the Montreal trip will be fun. CJ ok;-)

Pumpkin said...

This project is really coming along quickly!

Have a great time in Montreal. I'll be waving from Nova Scotia ;o)

Meari said...

This is looking really nice!