Monday, August 31, 2009

Bowled Over Finished

It really didn't take me that long to finish this small project. I guess I couldn't resist the chance to finish two projects in one month. I even spent some time (not nearly enough, but some) putting away some Weeks Dye Works and Gentle Art of Sampler threads.

I do like the beading on this project and want to do a lot more projects with beads. I might even put beads around the edges of some of the Christmas ornaments I have stitched, but not finished. In looking for some bead storage system, I think I may have found the one I want here (set #15 at the bottom of the page). But in checking my database, I saw that I have 135 (!!!) different kinds of Mill Hill beads (not to mention other beads). I had no idea I had collected so many, but I do tend to buy them when I see them on sale.

I even had some time to start stitching again on a very slow WiP. The last time I stitched Rouge...comme was May, 2008. There are many reasons why this became almost a UFO. But now I am restarted and should get one or two more motifs done before we leave for Hawaii on the 9th. I hope everyone has a productive week.

13 comments:

Annette said...

Lovely finish! The colors are marvelous.

I use the 4x6 boxes for my Delica bead collection. The flip tops are great! I like the smaller boxes - doesn't seem like quite as much to manage :)

Good luck!

jpowers said...

Very nice - love the design

mainely stitching said...

Great finish! Those beads really make it pop out! :D

Cindy said...

Very cute finish!

The bead storage containers that you picked out look cool. I have a lot of MH beads, too (although I never seem to have the right ones on hand!) I store mine in little 1 x 1 x .75 containers that I got from the Container Store. They also sell a hinged box that holds 120 of the little containers. It works okay, but I am terrified of what would happen if I ever dropped the big box!

drea_dear said...

Congrats on 2 finishes in a month! The beads are so cute, add so much texture!

I can't believe you have a database for your beads! I have plastic baggies in boxes! LOL

Coni said...

I use those flip-top boxes for my Mill Hill beads and love them. Of course, I only have about seven different kinds, but they are nicely labeled, if I do say so myself!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Love the bowls, congrats on the finish, the beads just make it. CJ ok;-)

Sharon said...

It's just lovely!

Anna van Schurman said...

What a week! Congrats on all the finishes!

Deanne J said...

Very nice finish

Judy Bemis said...

cheers for 2 finishes!

RuthB said...

That is so pretty! Congratson a lovely finish -- makes me wish I had bowls that color...... no beads on them though :)

Chiloe said...

Congrats on that finish !!! I really love ! The colors match prefectly !!!

I hope i'll love beading as much as you when I'll start beading on my fairies ;-)