Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fastest Finish Ever

Especially considering that I did not work on this Monday or Tuesday. Tuesday was our wedding anniversary. I spent the day with my husband remembering old adventures and sharing a wonderful dinner at Bouchon at the Venetian. Nothing like French food for a romantic dinner.

I dropped my husband off at the airport yesterday afternoon and sat down to finish this small project. I even put some stitches in Postcard from Paradise. Right now I am mostly finishing the boxes as I am about to run out of the Crescent Colours Caribbean Waters. Luckily the DMC equivalent, 3849, even if not variegated, seems close enough in shade that if I substitute that on the bottom border, it shouldn't stand out. Today will be a stitching day, so much will be accomplished. Tomorrow I better buckle down and go through paperwork. I have to admit that I am woefully behind.

6 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Cute! The Cherry something (jam?) version of this kit was in the sale bin at my LNS--may have to give it another look.

Chiloe said...

Congrats on your finish !!! I love it : the colors are very lovely !!! (even with the green ;-) )

Doris said...

beautiful and cute finish!

Pumpkin said...

Happy dance!!!! Love it :o)

Happy (belated) anniversary! Sounds like it was a romantic dinner :o)

Donna said...

Very cute.

And congrats on the anniversary. I still haven't decided what to do for ours next week. We're taking a belated trip in September to celebrate.

Sharon said...

Great finish! I love that! Happy belated Anniversary!