Saturday, August 29, 2009

Paradise FINISHED

I finished stitching this last night, but waited until this morning to photograph it in daylight. The last stitches I took were the backstitches on the umbrella and chair next to the 5. I am very happy with my thread changes and I suggest that others do the same. Change the threads to colors that make you happy (or that better reflect the model). I am not as happy with the octopus next to the S and the umbrella drink next to the U because the Frosted Sage just doesn't show up against the white, but I am not going to frog them and restitch. They will just have to look slightly mysterious. Even my husband likes it (but then again he likes most things with mermaids).

What's next? Well, no stitching today! In completing this (and working on a couple of other projects), I have left the sewing room looking like a large dog had been digging around looking for a bone. There are threads, fabrics, and patterns everywhere. I really need to put away the threads from the last couple of projects, make sure I have all the threads for the WiPs I need to work on, and put away some of the stash I have bought in the last couple of months. Then I need to really think about what needs stitching. I have Bowled Over on the dining room table. Under the Sea is on the table next to my stitching chair. I am thinking about trying to finish Rouge...comme because it is probably the closest to being finished WiP goal for this year. Then there is always Hawaiian Mandala. I could also clean up the kitchen. Nah. I don't have to clean it up until tomorrow, so that I can turn it over bright and shiny for my husband's cooking week on Monday. And since he is cooking next week, that means more time for stitching for me! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

10 comments:

Stitcher said...

Great finish. I have enjoyed watching your progress on this one. I'm going to have to put this one on my wishlist. Will you be framing it?

Angela said...

It looks great.

Cindy said...

Congratulations on your finish!

Would it help to backstitch around the octopus and umbrella drink?

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Great finish congrats and the pale ghostly octopus does look mysterious. CJ ok;-)

Donna said...

Perfection!

Chiloe said...

Congratualtions on your finish !!! I like the little mermaid as well ;-) You could add some backstitching around the octopus and umbrella. It will make a huge difference and won't take you a long time.

You definitely need to finish Rouge !!! I saw it finished and it's a great one ! I don' t have it but I will one day ;-)

Coni said...

Woo Hoo, you! Congratulations! Lovely! Wonderful! Stupendous!

Daffycat said...

Holy cow, you did it! Congratulations on a perfect finish!

Sharon said...

It's beautiful! Congrats!

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

Congratulations on finishing Paradise!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow